FREE - used body panels needing work - 72 GT

Private Users Only - Not for Business Use
Forum rules
Private Users Only - Not for Business Use
The MGB Register hold the right to delete any posts that they feel are not relevant to the future of the MGB Register.
ChargedAutoGT
Forename: Graham
Surname: Moore

FREE - used body panels needing work - 72 GT

Post by ChargedAutoGT » Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:39 pm

Car is a 1972 GT, chrome bumper, Aconite.

I will soon be disposing of

2 x chrome bumper wings (most damage is around headlights, swage line rust and bottom securing points)
1 x bonnet (steel) - few bubbles plus some filler up front
1 x tailgate - wait for photo - it had a bodged repair in past
1 x tailgate window - HRW not working - apart from that ok
1 x front valance - one smallish hole + rust
(possibly) 1 x passenger door with door skin departing - but inner casing fine. I need to remove it and decide on it's future.

I will follow with some pics. All items need welding work, but are of use for cannibalising for metal/patches or repairing should you have a rot box and a tight budget. Seems a shame to take them to the tip but I have bought and primered my replacements and have limited storage.

Note that all items are from my car which I have been driving for 5 years with MOT passed every year. So they are not total scrap. I just took a view that my welding skills were not honed enough and sourced good alternative parts.

Please note that preference will be given to convenient collection when the time arrives (next month I expect) rather than 1st come....

I will want to shift the whole lot in one go, so no cherry picking available....

All items will be stripped of goodies that I need. But there may be some bits left on.

Interested parties are welcome to drop me an email. If I don't respond, it's in my spam and unnoticed so I will check responses here too.

If someone wanted them sooner, then I could possibly accelerate the stripdown.

regards, G

Not_Anumber
Forename: Chris
Surname: Silk

Re: FREE - used body panels needing work - 72 GT

Post by Not_Anumber » Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:19 pm

Can you say which part of the country you are in please

ChargedAutoGT
Forename: Graham
Surname: Moore

Re: FREE - used body panels needing work - 72 GT

Post by ChargedAutoGT » Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:59 pm