Estoril Classic

General MGB discussion
David Witham
Forename: David
Surname: Witham

Estoril Classic

Post by David Witham » Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:31 pm

I have been looking to see what old car events there are later in the year. On I came across was the Estoril classic in Portugal in October.

Has anyone been to it before? If so I would be interested in your comments.

I would probably take the ferry from Portsmouth to northern Spain but might consider driving one way through France. I have been to Angouleme a couple of times before which is another possibility.

John Watson
Forename: John
Surname: Waton

Re: Estoril Classic

Post by John Watson » Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:20 pm

David. In May 2021 the MGCC European Event of the year is in the Estoril area, I am thinking of going.
We have to register on the 1st July this year, more details will be in Safety Fast.
John Watson
1964 MGB Roadster Mk1
2018 MG ZS Exclusive 1ltr Auto

David Witham
Forename: David
Surname: Witham

Post by David Witham » Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:02 am

John, I had spotted that. It could be a reason not to go this year but my navigator has a carting race that clashes with Angouleme in September which struck me as an alternative. I am, of course, assuming the current crisis will be over by then.

I have considered the European events of the year in the past as they often look attractive. However, they tend to work out quite expensive when there is no camping option. In my case these car trips are additional to holidays with my wife so I feel a need to keep the cost down in a way that wouldn't matter if she was with me.

Paul Scott
Forename: Paul
Surname: Scott

Post by Paul Scott » Wed May 20, 2020 7:09 am

EUROPEAN EVENT OF THE YEAR 2020
Unfortunately the European event has to be postponed due to the ongoing situation surrounding the Covid pandemic. New date is the

04th – 08th August 2021

This also means – The 2021 Portuguese event gets shifted to 2024, and in 2022 we have Belgium followed by Denmark in 2023.
1975 MGB Roadster
Webguru for MGB Register