Looking for information on minilites

General MGB discussion
Nzgrown
Forename: Rory
Surname: Streeter

Looking for information on minilites

Post by Nzgrown » Wed Nov 04, 2020 2:57 pm

Hi!
I’m a Datsun guy hoping to find some information on this this wheel. It’s a real minilite (stamped into wheel) 13” by maybe 5”. I live in the states and am trying to find a 4th one. Thanks Rory.
Attachments
6716FD8D-B7E1-489A-B80E-5E8A44655425.jpeg

Peter Cresswell
Forename: Pete
Surname: Cresswell

Re: Looking for information on minilites

Post by Peter Cresswell » Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:33 pm

Hi Rory,
An interesting question for an MGB group! I must admit I have never seen a Minilite with that pattern between the spokes. You don't say which Datsun they are off and this might be a problem in finding a 4th wheel. Have you tried any of the Datsun clubs or forums? They are the most likely place to find a 4th wheel.
In a more general sense, they look quite old and if they are cast in magnesium they might be extremely dangerous and certainly before using them they should be crack tested either by x-ray or magnafluxing. The good news is that Minilite still exist, but I can't see any wheels matching the pattern of the one in your photo. I suggest you contact them and send them your photo giving details of the car, wheel diameter and width and the PCD. How to measure the wheels you have is covered on their website http://minilite.co.uk/ which includes contact details with an email address.
You might find that buying 4 new matching wheels is your only option.
Pete
PS Buy an MGB and stay on this forum!!!
Pete
1969 MGB Roadster
2020 MG HS Exclusive
2007 Mercedes SLK
Plus 34 other cars since 1965

Not_Anumber
Forename: Chris
Surname: Silk

Re: Looking for information on minilites

Post by Not_Anumber » Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:17 pm

It will probably be no more difficult to find than the 4th wheel for a Reliant Robin.

The Datsun owners club may be able to help. Go on Patrol to find their Nissan hut, setting out over the Prairie in the direction of the Skyline. Turn left when you see a Violet Bluebird in a Cherry tree . Ask for Cedric. By repute they are a Sunny bunch who seldom sit on their Laurels.