I do think it's heat related though as when cold it works fine for 5-10 minutes then gradually gets worse, by 20 minutes it's completely locked up
Search found 15 matches
- Fri Dec 19, 2025 10:31 pm
- Forum: MGB General
- Topic: Clutch
- Replies: 11
- Views: 289624
Re: Clutch
Still haven't diagnosed it yet, i am ordering a new clutch master cylinder and
.
I do think it's heat related though as when cold it works fine for 5-10 minutes then gradually gets worse, by 20 minutes it's completely locked up
I do think it's heat related though as when cold it works fine for 5-10 minutes then gradually gets worse, by 20 minutes it's completely locked up
- Sat Jun 21, 2025 11:53 pm
- Forum: MGB General
- Topic: Clutch
- Replies: 11
- Views: 289624
Re: Clutch
Ok so sorry about the slow reply here.
Finally managed to find time to get the car out the garage a couple of weeks ago to look into the problem. Turns out I couldn't find anything wrong, the slave and rubber pipe look virtually new, the master look old though and the clutch started working ...
Finally managed to find time to get the car out the garage a couple of weeks ago to look into the problem. Turns out I couldn't find anything wrong, the slave and rubber pipe look virtually new, the master look old though and the clutch started working ...
- Mon May 19, 2025 8:22 am
- Forum: MGB General
- Topic: Clutch
- Replies: 11
- Views: 289624
Re: Clutch
Sorry for not getting back to this earlier. I've not been able to have a look at this yet as I've been laid out on my back with a sciatica flair up.
If the rod and pin has wear this would be a gradual loss in movement I presume? My clutch operation happened within 30 minutes driving, ballooning pipe ...
If the rod and pin has wear this would be a gradual loss in movement I presume? My clutch operation happened within 30 minutes driving, ballooning pipe ...
- Sun May 04, 2025 12:13 pm
- Forum: MGB General
- Topic: Clutch
- Replies: 11
- Views: 289624
Re: Clutch
I'm thinking hydraulic also, I'll have a look next week at the slave cylinder and measure its movement 
- Sun May 04, 2025 11:02 am
- Forum: MGB General
- Topic: Clutch
- Replies: 11
- Views: 289624
Clutch
Hi,
My 1967 mgb has a clutch issue. Last time of driving the clutch was feeling very light and changing gear became harder until the point came where it became stuck in gear.
When stationary and in gear with the clutch pedal fully pressed the clutch is dragging so not fully releasing. Before this ...
My 1967 mgb has a clutch issue. Last time of driving the clutch was feeling very light and changing gear became harder until the point came where it became stuck in gear.
When stationary and in gear with the clutch pedal fully pressed the clutch is dragging so not fully releasing. Before this ...
- Fri Dec 01, 2023 4:41 pm
- Forum: MGB General
- Topic: Steaming
- Replies: 9
- Views: 102714
Re: Steaming
Thanks for all the advice Ian, I'll find out how it goes tomorrow as I'm moving the car out to storage
- Fri Dec 01, 2023 5:22 am
- Forum: MGB General
- Topic: Steaming
- Replies: 9
- Views: 102714
Re: Steaming
I'm hoping it's not head gasket failure, when it was last used 3 years ago it had a new unleaded had fitted as they original leaded head had a crack in it.
I did drain the rad with top and bottom hoses off, I think the heater was on. What's is the process for filling the cooling system to clear ...
I did drain the rad with top and bottom hoses off, I think the heater was on. What's is the process for filling the cooling system to clear ...
- Thu Nov 30, 2023 5:14 pm
- Forum: MGB General
- Topic: Steaming
- Replies: 9
- Views: 102714
Re: Steaming
What part is not making sense? I've flushed the cooling system checking for blockages, all clear.
Removed the stat to aid with overheating.
Yet still when the engine is idling at normal on that temp gauge the radiator is blowing Steam and water out.
Removed the stat to aid with overheating.
Yet still when the engine is idling at normal on that temp gauge the radiator is blowing Steam and water out.
- Thu Nov 30, 2023 5:11 pm
- Forum: MGB General
- Topic: Steaming
- Replies: 9
- Views: 102714
Re: Steaming
This is the adaptor
https://www.moss-europe.co.uk/blanking- ... j4012.html
https://www.moss-europe.co.uk/blanking- ... j4012.html
- Thu Nov 30, 2023 4:21 pm
- Forum: MGB General
- Topic: Steaming
- Replies: 9
- Views: 102714
Steaming
Week is been 3 years since I got the B out the garage.
3 hours to get it running the pooof, steam venting from the radiator cap.
I've tested the thermostat which is fine, flushed the rad and engine to ensure no blockage. Removed the stat and fitted the Moss adapter for stat removal also. When idling ...
3 hours to get it running the pooof, steam venting from the radiator cap.
I've tested the thermostat which is fine, flushed the rad and engine to ensure no blockage. Removed the stat and fitted the Moss adapter for stat removal also. When idling ...