Hi Harry,
I bought a headlining kit from Sussex Classic Car Parts nothing wrong with it, very similar to the original.
The problem is getting it to remain in place, I initially used the weetabix board to stick the lining too. This lasted about a year before it joined me in the drivers seat.
The ...
Search found 6 matches
- Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:58 am
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: MGB GT Headlining
- Replies: 3
- Views: 10135
- Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:45 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Weber Carb Jets
- Replies: 8
- Views: 23287
Re: Weber Carb Jets
Thanks Peter,
You've confirmed what I've been putting off that is to put it on a rolling road for a comprehensive tune up.
Cheers
Jeff
You've confirmed what I've been putting off that is to put it on a rolling road for a comprehensive tune up.
Cheers
Jeff
- Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:00 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Weber Carb Jets
- Replies: 8
- Views: 23287
Weber Carb Jets
I've recently fitted a Weber 45DCOE carb to my 1950cc stage 2 engine with a kent 724 cam, does anyone have experience of this setup and able to advise on suitable jets prior to a full rolling road tune.
The engine runs fine after 3000 rpm but up to 3000rpm it is a bit hit and miss, mild flat spot ...
The engine runs fine after 3000 rpm but up to 3000rpm it is a bit hit and miss, mild flat spot ...
- Tue May 31, 2016 4:23 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: MGB GT Handling
- Replies: 5
- Views: 19199
Re: MGB GT Handling
Hi Martin,
I fitted negative camber lower wishbones plus Superpro poly bushes, 7/8th anti roll bar (front only) and uprated lever arm shock absorbers.
Tyre pressures set at 26-28psi front and 28-30psi rear. These mods transformed the handling. The front bites into the corner with very little ...
I fitted negative camber lower wishbones plus Superpro poly bushes, 7/8th anti roll bar (front only) and uprated lever arm shock absorbers.
Tyre pressures set at 26-28psi front and 28-30psi rear. These mods transformed the handling. The front bites into the corner with very little ...
- Sat May 21, 2016 12:40 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: 1950 Stage 2 balanced engine
- Replies: 2
- Views: 9123
Re: 1950 Stage 2 balanced engine
Hi Peter,
Appreciate your comments, however I am having to strip and rebuild this engine because after approx 20K miles I thought 1 pint of oil per 100 miles excessive plus the pretty blue haze emitting from the exhaust was not as it should be. I installed the engine in my roadster in Oct 2011 thus ...
Appreciate your comments, however I am having to strip and rebuild this engine because after approx 20K miles I thought 1 pint of oil per 100 miles excessive plus the pretty blue haze emitting from the exhaust was not as it should be. I installed the engine in my roadster in Oct 2011 thus ...
- Thu May 12, 2016 7:02 am
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: 1950 Stage 2 balanced engine
- Replies: 2
- Views: 9123
1950 Stage 2 balanced engine
Oselli 1950cc stage 2 engine, I am trying to locate a piston ring supplier to purchase replacement rings oversize 0.090 as stamped in the piston crown. So far all the maximum size rings go up to are oversize 0.060.
Does anyone know also the spec of the camshaft they fit to be able to correctly time ...
Does anyone know also the spec of the camshaft they fit to be able to correctly time ...