Yeah I knew I wouldn't be the first.
I should have introduced myself a bit first. I've been taking British cars apart for 35 years,
as well as servicing the growing family fleet. I once took the engine out of a Turbo Esprit, built my own
Renault16 engine for a Europa, so my DIY experience is quite ...
Search found 3 matches
- Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:15 am
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: oil filter seal
- Replies: 7
- Views: 17744
- Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:26 am
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: oil filter seal
- Replies: 7
- Views: 17744
oil filter seal
Changed the oil and filter on our '69 MkII on the weekend.
All went very well until I started the engine to check for leaks, and I suddenly had about one quart of oil on the floor,
literally pouring out from the filter seal.
So this is the first time I've changed the oil on a B. Retraced my steps ...
All went very well until I started the engine to check for leaks, and I suddenly had about one quart of oil on the floor,
literally pouring out from the filter seal.
So this is the first time I've changed the oil on a B. Retraced my steps ...
- Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:59 am
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: tacho reading 35% low
- Replies: 1
- Views: 4841
tacho reading 35% low
We have a 1969 Mk 2 car with a HC engine and overdrive ( well it came from the factory as a HC anyway )
The whole car drives beautifully, the engine revs nicely and makes lots of lovely noise.
But the tacho doesn't spin up the dial the way it should.
I have done some 'research' and in 4th gear ...
The whole car drives beautifully, the engine revs nicely and makes lots of lovely noise.
But the tacho doesn't spin up the dial the way it should.
I have done some 'research' and in 4th gear ...