Search found 5 matches

by Trevor Rodgers
Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:29 pm
Forum: MGB General
Topic: Hello from stirling FK8
Replies: 7
Views: 14090

Re: Hello from stirling FK8

So having got my GT continuing to run when I stopped at junctions it was however revving a bit fast. I then decided to ask my MGtf owning neighbour who she used to service/tune her car. It turns out he used to run his own garage for many years locally and my mother in law was one of his customers ...
by Trevor Rodgers
Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:57 pm
Forum: MGB General
Topic: Bought a Feb 1980 BGT.....Vermillion Red in colour
Replies: 22
Views: 38589

Re: Bought a Feb 1980 BGT.....Vermillion Red in colour

Hi Ian Mine is also vermillion dating from June 1980. I have webasto sunroof chrome rostyles and sill covers. As you will see from my previous submissions I have had a few issues like You but gradually getting things sorted thanks to fellow owners like Peter. I also have what is described as half ...
by Trevor Rodgers
Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:35 pm
Forum: MGB General
Topic: Hello from stirling FK8
Replies: 7
Views: 14090

Re: Hello from stirling FK8

Hi Jim thanks for you comments. Whilst I live in Stifling I am an Essex boy! But as born in 1948 this was before Essex girls started to become notorious! I married a Scottish lass and moved here some 18 years ago. Yes its a case of checking and tightening up. Can I please say thanks to Peter ...
by Trevor Rodgers
Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:14 pm
Forum: MGB General
Topic: Hello from stirling FK8
Replies: 7
Views: 14090

Re: Hello from stirling FK8

Hello Jim and thanks for your response... the first.Where are you? I bought my BGT just 2 weeks ago purely on eBay details and a conversation with the company owner and had the car delivered for a good deal. Still have to do some reasonable miles in it. I've spent a few hours tightening things up ...
by Trevor Rodgers
Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:19 pm
Forum: MGB General
Topic: Hello from stirling FK8
Replies: 7
Views: 14090

Hello from stirling FK8

Hi all I've just joined having acquired a 1980 BGT with sunroof two days ago at lunchtime. It's covered 77k miles and is apparently basically mechanically sound, just a few loose things and the drivers side wing will need a respray at some point. As I investigate further I am sure that I may find ...