I had the same issue.
Rather that try and stretch it, I simply repositioned the 'Lift the Dot' eyelets to line up with the studs on the car body.
This does of course leave a small hole in the hood or tonneau where the car body stud was originally supposed to pass through, but in my book, that is ...
Search found 37 matches
- Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:31 pm
- Forum: MGB General
- Topic: tonneau cover stretching?
- Replies: 4
- Views: 10355
- Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:17 am
- Forum: MGB General
- Topic: MGB shipping for an overseas touring holiday
- Replies: 3
- Views: 10192
Re: MGB shipping for an overseas touring holiday
David,
I have found your man who brought his 'C' all the way from New Zealand to the UK to attend the 50th.
He is featured in this month's 'Safety Fast".
I will be hounding him for some advice.......
I have found your man who brought his 'C' all the way from New Zealand to the UK to attend the 50th.
He is featured in this month's 'Safety Fast".
I will be hounding him for some advice.......
- Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:58 pm
- Forum: MGB General
- Topic: MGB shipping for an overseas touring holiday
- Replies: 3
- Views: 10192
Re: MGB shipping for an overseas touring holiday
Thanks David, I will follow your lead up.
I have found a massive difference in the cost of shipping my car out to NZ compared with bringing it back. The return leg is about 70% more than the outbound.
The NZTA are insisting the car goes through their version of the MOT, it is called the WOF ...
I have found a massive difference in the cost of shipping my car out to NZ compared with bringing it back. The return leg is about 70% more than the outbound.
The NZTA are insisting the car goes through their version of the MOT, it is called the WOF ...
- Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:46 pm
- Forum: MGB General
- Topic: MGB shipping for an overseas touring holiday
- Replies: 3
- Views: 10192
MGB shipping for an overseas touring holiday
Hello everybody.
I am wondering if any members have any experience or advice they could share regarding shipping their cars overseas for a motoring holiday?
I am planning a trip to Queenstown, New Zealand around March next year, for about six weeks, taking my 'B' roadster. I have been invited by ...
I am wondering if any members have any experience or advice they could share regarding shipping their cars overseas for a motoring holiday?
I am planning a trip to Queenstown, New Zealand around March next year, for about six weeks, taking my 'B' roadster. I have been invited by ...
- Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:56 pm
- Forum: MGB General
- Topic: Newbie
- Replies: 6
- Views: 17756
Re: Newbie
Hello James.
Welcome. A very pretty looking B you have there.
Regarding agreed value insurance....can I tell you my story?
I had my '72 B professionally restored recently...a ground up rebuild by an expert workshop.
I am a member of the MGCC, but was not completely satisfied I was getting the ...
Welcome. A very pretty looking B you have there.
Regarding agreed value insurance....can I tell you my story?
I had my '72 B professionally restored recently...a ground up rebuild by an expert workshop.
I am a member of the MGCC, but was not completely satisfied I was getting the ...
- Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:06 pm
- Forum: MGB General
- Topic: The 8 Australian MGB's Silk Road epic journey UK arrival.
- Replies: 6
- Views: 12503
Re: The 8 Australian MGB's Silk Road epic journey UK arrival
Hello again John.
This is getting a little difficult....I have today received a bit of a polite telling off from the MGCC.
In the June edition of the 'Safety Fast' magazine, page 10, in the 'News' section, was a piece about the Australian MGB Silk Road convoy from Bangkok to Abingdon, with an ...
This is getting a little difficult....I have today received a bit of a polite telling off from the MGCC.
In the June edition of the 'Safety Fast' magazine, page 10, in the 'News' section, was a piece about the Australian MGB Silk Road convoy from Bangkok to Abingdon, with an ...
- Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:41 pm
- Forum: MGB General
- Topic: The 8 Australian MGB's Silk Road epic journey UK arrival.
- Replies: 6
- Views: 12503
Re: The 8 Australian MGB's Silk Road epic journey UK arrival
I am not involved with that aspect John, but I think it is in hand.....I was copied in on an email where the projector was discussed, I an sure the club would be able to obtain one for the evening.....
- Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:31 am
- Forum: MGB General
- Topic: The 8 Australian MGB's Silk Road epic journey UK arrival.
- Replies: 6
- Views: 12503
Re: The 8 Australian MGB's Silk Road epic journey UK arrival
Yes John.
The MGCC are hosting a lunch at Kimber House upon arrival, and in the evening (that's Wednesday evening), the celebratory dinner will be at 'The Dog House' pub, in Abingdon. (Menu on their web site)
The plan is to all meet up in the bar at 19:30. Depending on the availability of a ...
The MGCC are hosting a lunch at Kimber House upon arrival, and in the evening (that's Wednesday evening), the celebratory dinner will be at 'The Dog House' pub, in Abingdon. (Menu on their web site)
The plan is to all meet up in the bar at 19:30. Depending on the availability of a ...
- Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:31 pm
- Forum: MGB General
- Topic: The 8 Australian MGB's Silk Road epic journey UK arrival.
- Replies: 6
- Views: 12503
The 8 Australian MGB's Silk Road epic journey UK arrival.
The eight Australian MGB's which have been enroute from Bangkok to Abingdon for the last four months arrive in the UK next Wednesday, July 12, at Folkestone, 0830 am.
The rendezvous point for MG owners to meet and escort them to Abingdon is the 'Stop 24' motorway services, just outside Folkestone ...
The rendezvous point for MG owners to meet and escort them to Abingdon is the 'Stop 24' motorway services, just outside Folkestone ...
- Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:33 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Speedy Cables....has anybody used them?
- Replies: 4
- Views: 9589
Re: Speedy Cables....has anybody used them?
Thanks Peter, a very comprehensive comment....