Last year I fitted a reconditioned v8 servo to my 76 1.8 roadster.
Since then when I press the brake pedal until the brakes start to bite then hold the pedal steady the brakes firm up and it's as if I am pressing the brake pedal. If I lift off and re apply the brakes the pedal goes much further ...
Search found 6 matches
- Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:04 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Brake servo
- Replies: 5
- Views: 12871
- Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:48 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Petrol Mist from Carbs
- Replies: 8
- Views: 17380
Re: Petrol Mist from Carbs
I'm in Northumberland so bit of a hike to Oxfordshire but thanks anyway. Might go down to Peter Burgess
- Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:39 am
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Petrol Mist from Carbs
- Replies: 8
- Views: 17380
Re: Petrol Mist from Carbs
Hi Peter. Thanks for your reply. It's a Kent 717 cam. Good idea about the rolling road.
- Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:47 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Petrol Mist from Carbs
- Replies: 8
- Views: 17380
Petrol Mist from Carbs
After fitting a fast road cam when I blip the throttle I get a fine petrol mist coming back out of the carburetor. Under hard acceleration there is a strong smell of petrol inside the car which disappears as soon as I back off on the throttle. Any thoughts?
- Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:48 pm
- Forum: MGB General
- Topic: Castor correction kit
- Replies: 12
- Views: 38307
Re: Castor correction kit
Thanks for your response Peter. Now to decide which type!
- Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:31 pm
- Forum: MGB General
- Topic: Castor correction kit
- Replies: 12
- Views: 38307
Castor correction kit
Has anyone tried these kits, either the wedges or the spacers? If so how successful were they, did they reduce the effort required to turn the steering wheel and/or improve handling?