Search found 23 matches
- Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:31 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Ignition light
- Replies: 33
- Views: 62715
Re: Ignition light
Thanks Ian - I shall procure and fit.
- Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:52 pm
- Forum: MGB General
- Topic: Leather seats
- Replies: 0
- Views: 15977
Leather seats
Hi all - just had 2 new leather front seats fitted at ''classic british sports car trims'' Plymouth. I got mine via ebay but had them fitted as I was in Plymouth. Mike (owner) can also courier at a reasonable cost. They look awesome - highly recommended.
- Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:30 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Ignition light
- Replies: 33
- Views: 62715
Re: Ignition light
Hi all
Thanks for all your tips. Fully charged on 5th/6th & left for 4 days. Started 1st time and 1st time every day for next 5 days without any re-charge driving. No indication of any drain. Battery now showing ''green'' as good. There appears to be no problem now. Still keeping one eye on it but ...
Thanks for all your tips. Fully charged on 5th/6th & left for 4 days. Started 1st time and 1st time every day for next 5 days without any re-charge driving. No indication of any drain. Battery now showing ''green'' as good. There appears to be no problem now. Still keeping one eye on it but ...
- Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:46 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Ignition light
- Replies: 33
- Views: 62715
Re: Ignition light
Ian Fozzard wrote:
> Hi Tony,
> >
> # Fit a battery isolator switch - nothing too fancy - just a simple on/off
> with the key in the bulkhead behind the passenger seat. Prevents any
> leakage and is also a useful anti-theft device. Simply interrupts the
> earth strap which I think is fine ...
> Hi Tony,
> >
> # Fit a battery isolator switch - nothing too fancy - just a simple on/off
> with the key in the bulkhead behind the passenger seat. Prevents any
> leakage and is also a useful anti-theft device. Simply interrupts the
> earth strap which I think is fine ...
- Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:11 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Ignition light
- Replies: 33
- Views: 62715
Re: Ignition light
Thanks all. Bought the radio off ebay (new) but very old with a cassette player. (Didn't want to spoil the interior with a new after market radio/CD) Don't have the keys to extract but my man will have. So got home and started the motor and ... boom .. 1st time with some gusto. The battery indicator ...
- Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:26 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Ignition light
- Replies: 33
- Views: 62715
Re: Ignition light
Thanks Pete I shall. Funny how, since fitting, I've just had a funny feeling it wasn't right. Are they fused somewhere do you know? Thanks
- Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:53 am
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Ignition light
- Replies: 33
- Views: 62715
Re: Ignition light
You wouldn't think I'm in work this morning! So 4 weeks of very happy motoring ... until someone spoils it! Went for a spin Sunday and absolutely fine. Cleaning up last night and noticed the interior light did not come on when I opened the door - tried to start and absolutely nothing. Wouldn't turn ...
- Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:33 am
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Fuel leak
- Replies: 8
- Views: 17194
Re: Fuel leak
Meant to close this one off - thanks for all your help. Fuel pipes checked and the suspect hose replaced. Mentioned the ethanol to my man and was assured that the new flexi-steel pipes are fine. Then found out that the connection at the pump was dodgy so replaced the pump with an electronic pump ...
- Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:05 am
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Fuel leak
- Replies: 8
- Views: 17194
Re: Fuel leak
Thanks guys
''Ethanol proof'' - blimey! I'm getting the new real piece from Tim Kelly MG centre in Cornwall who really is very helpful. I'll mention it to him however.
Thanks
''Ethanol proof'' - blimey! I'm getting the new real piece from Tim Kelly MG centre in Cornwall who really is very helpful. I'll mention it to him however.
Thanks
- Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:17 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Fuel leak
- Replies: 8
- Views: 17194
Re: Fuel leak
Thank you both - finally got to it. My snag is that my day job interferes with enjoying my MGB !! It was the fuel pipe joining the pump to the metal fuel pipe - about 9 inches long. Mine was rubber and somehow had split, not fully, about an inch from the pump end. Can't quite figure out how going ...