Search found 9 matches
- Fri Dec 05, 2025 6:09 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: HS4 Float adjustment
- Replies: 4
- Views: 65587
Re: HS4 Float adjustment
I upgraded the floats in my '67 BGT to the "stay up" type manufactured by Burlen. They are a closed cell material design which is suitable for ethanol fuels and are very simply adjusted for height by bending the metal tab on top. They have proved to be very reliable over the last 5 years or so. I ...
- Sat Aug 31, 2024 9:29 pm
- Forum: MGB General
- Topic: TLX100M
- Replies: 7
- Views: 39394
Re: TLX100M
My first BGT, bought 50 years ago was a 1966 John Sprinzle car and the engine was far sharper than each of the ones that I have owned since. The man I bought it from used to drive it from Yorkshire to Sprinzle's in London to have it serviced. The car became the deposit on our first house...
- Tue May 17, 2022 4:53 pm
- Forum: MGB General
- Topic: single 12v batteries
- Replies: 2
- Views: 10175
Re: single 12v batteries
I have a single Halfords battery in my '67 BGT. The number is HCB063. I bought it just before the pandemic and so the battery spent time disconnected while the car was out of use. It held its' charge very well and without any additional charging has always been very lively on start up, so I am ...
- Sat Feb 26, 2022 4:25 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Switching from Kenlowe to traditional fan
- Replies: 11
- Views: 23945
Re: Switching from Kenlowe to traditional fan
Hello Dick,
About 3 -4 years ago I renewed the whole cooling system on my 67 BGT and decided to smarten up the fan with new yellow paint. I used Hammerite smooth. Surprisingly after leaving the fan to dry for 48 hours before re assembly I found after the first use that tiny flecks of yellow paint ...
About 3 -4 years ago I renewed the whole cooling system on my 67 BGT and decided to smarten up the fan with new yellow paint. I used Hammerite smooth. Surprisingly after leaving the fan to dry for 48 hours before re assembly I found after the first use that tiny flecks of yellow paint ...
- Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:03 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Tyre Choice
- Replies: 5
- Views: 11347
Re: Tyre Choice
Helo Tom,
I fitted a set of Falken SN832 Ecorun tyres to my BGT a couple of years ago, they are 165/80 and were very reasonably priced from my one man local tyre fitter. These tyres have performed very well on wire wheels. The wheels were new at the time and are suitable for tubeless tyres, not ...
I fitted a set of Falken SN832 Ecorun tyres to my BGT a couple of years ago, they are 165/80 and were very reasonably priced from my one man local tyre fitter. These tyres have performed very well on wire wheels. The wheels were new at the time and are suitable for tubeless tyres, not ...
- Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:00 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Mk1 Seat frame needed
- Replies: 5
- Views: 10833
Re: Mk1 Seat frame needed
Hello George,
While visiting MechSpec the other day I enquired about mk1 seat frames and they have some in stock. MechSpec, if you don't know them, supply new and used parts for Bs and Midgets and are situated between Bawtry in S. Yorks and Gainsborough on the main road. Their phone number is 01777 ...
While visiting MechSpec the other day I enquired about mk1 seat frames and they have some in stock. MechSpec, if you don't know them, supply new and used parts for Bs and Midgets and are situated between Bawtry in S. Yorks and Gainsborough on the main road. Their phone number is 01777 ...
- Wed May 16, 2018 3:15 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Battery chargers/conditioners - best buy?
- Replies: 7
- Views: 19299
Re: Battery chargers/conditioners - best buy?
I too have a CTEK charger for a Midget and find this does a really good job in maintaining the battery during long periods of non use. My son also uses a different model CTEK to maintain his Midget battery with the same results, both cars have dynamos. So I would recommend the CTEK especially if ...
- Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:45 pm
- Forum: MGB General
- Topic: Classic Car Show
- Replies: 6
- Views: 13600
Re: Classic Car Show
See you on Saturday
- Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:34 am
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Underreading Speedometer.
- Replies: 17
- Views: 38238
Re: Underreading Speedometer.
Hello Vic,
A little while ago I had an e-mail conversation with Avon Tyres technical Dept. about using their tyres on my BGT. Among many interesting points Avon told me that using a 70 profile tyre instead of the standard 80 profile would reduce the speedo reading by 4.5 mph.
Hope this helps, Geoff
A little while ago I had an e-mail conversation with Avon Tyres technical Dept. about using their tyres on my BGT. Among many interesting points Avon told me that using a 70 profile tyre instead of the standard 80 profile would reduce the speedo reading by 4.5 mph.
Hope this helps, Geoff