Search found 4 matches
- Tue May 05, 2015 3:39 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: New member, restoration puzzle question
- Replies: 5
- Views: 14498
Re: New member, restoration puzzle question
I hate to spoil this but today I got down and dirty under the car, this car is the one I owned when our daughter was born, sold it in 1995 and tripped over it again three years ago. So you see, it's a sentimental journey, I did get a couple of years of fun until I laid it up for the inevitable ...
- Sat May 02, 2015 1:17 pm
- Forum: MGB General
- Topic: What did you do with your MG over the weekend.
- Replies: 56
- Views: 113207
Re: What did you do with your MG over the weekend.
Got the big hammer out on the rear chassis legs to see what fell off. Loads of encrusted underseal on the inner arches but as yet, better than expected. Been lucky with a good selection of BMH panels on eBay so I can really get my teeth into it. Looking forward to the big restoration, just have to ...
- Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:33 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: New member, restoration puzzle question
- Replies: 5
- Views: 14498
Re: New member, restoration puzzle question
Hi Pete
Thanks for the tip, I've already watched it and keep it for reference. Quite entertaining even if he has limitless access to the machine mart catalogue...
I just wondered at which point to transfer the load whilst doing the jobs- shackles first supported by rotten sills, or sills first then ...
Thanks for the tip, I've already watched it and keep it for reference. Quite entertaining even if he has limitless access to the machine mart catalogue...
I just wondered at which point to transfer the load whilst doing the jobs- shackles first supported by rotten sills, or sills first then ...
- Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:39 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: New member, restoration puzzle question
- Replies: 5
- Views: 14498
New member, restoration puzzle question
Good afternoon..
I've just started a full restoration on my 75 rubber BGT. What started off as sills and wings rapidly spread inward, as they do. My question is either simple or complicated really, I just wanted to know what best order to do the following jobs in, can you help?
Front leaf spring ...
I've just started a full restoration on my 75 rubber BGT. What started off as sills and wings rapidly spread inward, as they do. My question is either simple or complicated really, I just wanted to know what best order to do the following jobs in, can you help?
Front leaf spring ...