Search found 62 matches
- Fri Jul 11, 2025 5:08 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: 3rd Brake Light
- Replies: 7
- Views: 319833
Re: 3rd Brake Light
Hi yes have fitted and does the job well
- Thu Jul 10, 2025 8:43 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: 3rd Brake Light
- Replies: 7
- Views: 319833
Re: 3rd Brake Light
Hi
Just saw this thread as have just purchased a Jaguar xj third brake light to fit at the top of the rear hatch. It works really well. I bought it new from David manners group - see pic.
Thanks
S
Just saw this thread as have just purchased a Jaguar xj third brake light to fit at the top of the rear hatch. It works really well. I bought it new from David manners group - see pic.
Thanks
S
- Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:51 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: 123 ignition
- Replies: 17
- Views: 39462
Re: 123 ignition
Hi
Just to note problem solved. In the end 123 wiring was all good but it turned out that one of the plugs had turned bad. Despite removing them, cleaning and regapping I hadn’t checked their performance (they were also relatively new) - had bought replacements and she started straight up no issues ...
Just to note problem solved. In the end 123 wiring was all good but it turned out that one of the plugs had turned bad. Despite removing them, cleaning and regapping I hadn’t checked their performance (they were also relatively new) - had bought replacements and she started straight up no issues ...
- Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:38 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: 123 ignition
- Replies: 17
- Views: 39462
Re: 123 ignition
Hi Paul
When you say removed the resistor wire to the starter which wire was it?
When you say removed the resistor wire to the starter which wire was it?
- Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:50 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: 123 ignition
- Replies: 17
- Views: 39462
Re: 123 ignition
Hi
Wiring is connected up fine with power from fuse box. I can connect fine to the app on my phone and is showing green ‘connected’ note the ignition disabler is switched off). I’ve also added in a curve.
I’ve recently ordered a replacement cap and a flame thrower coil. After speaking with the ...
Wiring is connected up fine with power from fuse box. I can connect fine to the app on my phone and is showing green ‘connected’ note the ignition disabler is switched off). I’ve also added in a curve.
I’ve recently ordered a replacement cap and a flame thrower coil. After speaking with the ...
- Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:45 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: 123 ignition
- Replies: 17
- Views: 39462
123 ignition
Hi
Just looking to get some thoughts. I have a supercharged engine and recently purchased a 123 ignition with Bluetooth. I’m having a lot of issues getting the car to start.
I’ve checked plugs for spark - ok and fuel pressure/delivery is good, the carb has been checked for float height, damper oil ...
Just looking to get some thoughts. I have a supercharged engine and recently purchased a 123 ignition with Bluetooth. I’m having a lot of issues getting the car to start.
I’ve checked plugs for spark - ok and fuel pressure/delivery is good, the carb has been checked for float height, damper oil ...
- Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:56 am
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Lowering blocks
- Replies: 1
- Views: 9361
Lowering blocks
Looking to lower my RB and have purchased the springs and lower blocks plus some poly spring pads. However I’m not sure about the best way to attach the blocks at the rear as have a couple of conflicting approaches when doing a search. Just exacted to get some views..have attached a pic with the two ...
- Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:31 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: 12H2709 ‘big head’
- Replies: 7
- Views: 20169
Re: 12H2709 ‘big head’
Have just got Peter Burgess book and will have a good read through though I think gas flowed would be the way to go plus a new cam.
On the carb front after doing some googling and getting quite a few views it would seem hs6 doesn’t really add much and the existing carbs are fine. Interesting though ...
On the carb front after doing some googling and getting quite a few views it would seem hs6 doesn’t really add much and the existing carbs are fine. Interesting though ...
- Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:32 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: 12H2709 ‘big head’
- Replies: 7
- Views: 20169
Re: 12H2709 ‘big head’
Thanks Vic do you know power increase stats?
Also I know the chat about hs6 being maybe too much carb but anyway I’m assuming with the right manifold there’s enough room etc given the bowl is to the side on a late B vs hifs
Also I know the chat about hs6 being maybe too much carb but anyway I’m assuming with the right manifold there’s enough room etc given the bowl is to the side on a late B vs hifs
- Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:14 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Gauges for sale
- Replies: 2
- Views: 11341
Re: Gauges for sale
Apologies I’ve been off line for some time but the gauges were sold
Thanks
Thanks