Search found 8 matches
- Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:00 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: SU CARBS
- Replies: 2
- Views: 8226
SU CARBS
Hi all.....now then I need my SU Carbs rebuilt as my 78b is running a tad ruff and won't pass an emissions test at an MOT. I am currently toying with the idea of doing it myself......Is it simple enough or do people recommend I pay to get it done??
- Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:33 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Bare Metal Respray Cost
- Replies: 2
- Views: 12171
Bare Metal Respray Cost
Hi all,
I bet there’s a post somewhere about this, but thought I would put a fresh post up just encase. I am after advice in regards to a few points regarding a full bare metal respray on my 78 b. Firstly if possible, can anyone offer, from experience an idea of how much a bare metal respray would ...
I bet there’s a post somewhere about this, but thought I would put a fresh post up just encase. I am after advice in regards to a few points regarding a full bare metal respray on my 78 b. Firstly if possible, can anyone offer, from experience an idea of how much a bare metal respray would ...
- Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:05 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Engine sound dampening
- Replies: 3
- Views: 13167
Engine sound dampening
Hi all,
when cruising in my MGB with the hood down, I am in heaven ! When the hood is up, the sound from the engine isn't really bad but attempting to dampen the noise wouldn't go a miss. Has anyone done this before and can offer any ''sound advice'' see what I did there?! lol
Am going to be ...
when cruising in my MGB with the hood down, I am in heaven ! When the hood is up, the sound from the engine isn't really bad but attempting to dampen the noise wouldn't go a miss. Has anyone done this before and can offer any ''sound advice'' see what I did there?! lol
Am going to be ...
- Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:35 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Black wrinckle paint finish
- Replies: 5
- Views: 12136
Re: Black wrinckle paint finish
Thanks a lot guys, it's massivily appreciated :)
- Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:27 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Black wrinckle paint finish
- Replies: 5
- Views: 12136
Black wrinckle paint finish
Hi all,
My 1978 MGB has got an original black dashboard, but unfirchnately it's got little holes in it where it's had a plastic wooden trim fitted. Now then, I am wanting to fill the holes and spray it with wrinckle black finish. My problem is, with it being a later model and plastic, will the ...
My 1978 MGB has got an original black dashboard, but unfirchnately it's got little holes in it where it's had a plastic wooden trim fitted. Now then, I am wanting to fill the holes and spray it with wrinckle black finish. My problem is, with it being a later model and plastic, will the ...
- Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:11 pm
- Forum: MGB General
- Topic: "Loose MGB 1978"
- Replies: 2
- Views: 9026
"Loose MGB 1978"
Hi guys,
Had some work done to my Mgb 1978, which for a change I am totally happy with :) The mechanic that dealt with it described it as a "loose car" now then, when asked about what excacly he meant by this all I got was "there's some play in a few areas" he was unwilling to go into further ...
Had some work done to my Mgb 1978, which for a change I am totally happy with :) The mechanic that dealt with it described it as a "loose car" now then, when asked about what excacly he meant by this all I got was "there's some play in a few areas" he was unwilling to go into further ...
- Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:10 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Fuel and carb problems
- Replies: 4
- Views: 11612
Re: Fuel and carb problems
Hi Pete,
I had the carbs off and had a look! Both were full of rubbish and muck so gave them a good clean, turns out its the seat and needle valve that needs replacing.
Have booked it into AJ Griffiths in Derby to be done tomorrow, so hopefully that should solve it all. The fuel pump was a like ...
I had the carbs off and had a look! Both were full of rubbish and muck so gave them a good clean, turns out its the seat and needle valve that needs replacing.
Have booked it into AJ Griffiths in Derby to be done tomorrow, so hopefully that should solve it all. The fuel pump was a like ...
- Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:17 am
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Fuel and carb problems
- Replies: 4
- Views: 11612
Fuel and carb problems
Hi guys, I am after some advice on my MGB 1978 roadster, if possible.
I have recently changed the fuel pump due to it failing stopping the engine starting,
I thought this would solve the problem, instead now with the increased pressure to the carbs it overflows and won't start. Probably flooding ...
I have recently changed the fuel pump due to it failing stopping the engine starting,
I thought this would solve the problem, instead now with the increased pressure to the carbs it overflows and won't start. Probably flooding ...