Search found 211 matches
- Thu Aug 01, 2024 4:10 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Oil cooler piping
- Replies: 7
- Views: 47495
Re: Oil cooler piping
After warming up the engine, I've just undone the flexible pressure gauge pipe at the bulkhead and restarted directing the small flow from the pressure pipe into a container. I've taken a litre out and the dipstick level is now 1/4 inch above the max level. Oil pressure was at 50 psi during this ...
- Thu Aug 01, 2024 11:59 am
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Oil cooler piping
- Replies: 7
- Views: 47495
Re: Oil cooler piping
Vic. I've tried that but the size of the tube that I can get down the dipstick hole is very small and the oil is thicker now that the engine is cold.
Not_ANumber. Possibility except that my car has the upward facing oil filterand it would several goes to get enough oil out. Very messy.
Not_ANumber. Possibility except that my car has the upward facing oil filterand it would several goes to get enough oil out. Very messy.
- Wed Jul 31, 2024 6:11 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Oil cooler piping
- Replies: 7
- Views: 47495
Re: Oil cooler piping
Hi Ian. I did think about doing that, but I thought the oil level was too high. The car doesn't use any oil, so it would take a long time before the level would get down.
- Wed Jul 31, 2024 2:04 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Oil cooler piping
- Replies: 7
- Views: 47495
Oil cooler piping
On an oil change today I have oveerfilled the sump by about an inch above the full mark and am considering the various options to drain some of the oil. I've done the reundoing the drain plug before and managed to loose the lot, so that's out. Looking at the oil cooler return pipe to the rear of the ...
- Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:17 am
- Forum: MGB General
- Topic: GT GRP Front wings
- Replies: 10
- Views: 48956
Re: GT GRP Front wings
I bought a pair of grip front wings off t’ebay. Never been used . Unfortunately they turned out to be gt wings and I have a tourer doh !🙄
They seem well made and having offered one up (yes I had removed the near side wing before I realised I had made a bloomer) a good fit , apart from the bit ...
- Sun Mar 03, 2024 12:03 pm
- Forum: MGB General
- Topic: GT GRP Front wings
- Replies: 10
- Views: 48956
Re: GT GRP Front wings
Thanks Ian.
Honeybourne wings save £1000 over the cost of the Heritage steel wings.
I'll have to do some serious thinking about this. My car although it runs great, will never be a concourse example without spending loads of cash, and it is after all an every day car!
Honeybourne wings save £1000 over the cost of the Heritage steel wings.
I'll have to do some serious thinking about this. My car although it runs great, will never be a concourse example without spending loads of cash, and it is after all an every day car!
- Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:14 am
- Forum: MGB General
- Topic: GT GRP Front wings
- Replies: 10
- Views: 48956
Re: GT GRP Front wings
Hi Ian, thanks for your reply. Point taken about the possible distortion.
Have you any recommendation re manufacturers?
Have you any recommendation re manufacturers?
- Fri Mar 01, 2024 12:21 pm
- Forum: MGB General
- Topic: GT GRP Front wings
- Replies: 10
- Views: 48956
GT GRP Front wings
Has anybody fitted these? How do they fit?
I'm getting fed up of patching my perforated front wings. I'm afraid that the price of new steel wings rules them out.
My car is an every day user.
I'm getting fed up of patching my perforated front wings. I'm afraid that the price of new steel wings rules them out.
My car is an every day user.
- Fri Jan 12, 2024 5:51 pm
- Forum: MGB General
- Topic: I introduce myself, new owner of MGB
- Replies: 2
- Views: 62842
Re: I introduce myself, new owner of MGB
Welcome to the forum. There is a lot of Knowledge here.
- Thu Dec 21, 2023 6:03 pm
- Forum: MGB General
- Topic: electronic ignition
- Replies: 14
- Views: 273016
Re: electronic ignition
My £30 distributor is still going strong Vic. After another 2000 miles.