Thanks Remy,
I similarly Googled and eventually came up with 8mm or 5/16".
Purchased and fitted but too loose, or not tight enough that I would be confident in it not coming loose and spraying a hot engine bay with fuel.
I've ordered a 5mm and 6mm, hopefully one of them wil do the job - probably ...
Search found 41 matches
- Mon Jul 14, 2025 4:15 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Fuel Hose
- Replies: 3
- Views: 261146
- Fri Jul 11, 2025 8:45 am
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Fuel Hose
- Replies: 3
- Views: 261146
Fuel Hose
My B has developed a leak on the fuel hose adjacent to the filter. For some reason it's the only one that wasn't upgraded and presumably has degraded due to ethanol.
MGB Fuel Hose.jpg
I'm looking to replace it to allow me to get out and about this sunny weekend but am currently at the other end ...
MGB Fuel Hose.jpg
I'm looking to replace it to allow me to get out and about this sunny weekend but am currently at the other end ...
- Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:18 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Ignition Help
- Replies: 3
- Views: 25740
Re: Ignition Help
Thanks Mike, that’s really helpful; I now know I need a new vacuum pipe. Mine is a December 70 build - the set up looks like yours.
- Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:37 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Ignition Help
- Replies: 3
- Views: 25740
Ignition Help
Hi all,
I'm hoping some one can help. My B isn't starting and I think I've tracked the issue down to a broken cable on my electronic ignition. It attaches to the protuberance shown on the photo but is loose at the other end.
I have two questions: a) Where should it connect to and b) what is it ...
I'm hoping some one can help. My B isn't starting and I think I've tracked the issue down to a broken cable on my electronic ignition. It attaches to the protuberance shown on the photo but is loose at the other end.
I have two questions: a) Where should it connect to and b) what is it ...
- Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:58 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Fuel Pump
- Replies: 7
- Views: 25156
Re: Fuel Pump
Thanks for the replies and food for thought. Just one question, once a fuel pump has stuck and been freed with a tap, is it more likely that it will do so again?
- Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:46 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Fuel Pump
- Replies: 7
- Views: 25156
Fuel Pump
Looks like my original SU fuel pump is starting to play up - all a bit disappointing as its only 51 years old! :D
Looking for a replacement, I noticed that it's possible to upgrade to an electronic pump - Fuelflow Ecco is one I've seen widely praised online.
Any thoughts as to whether there's a ...
Looking for a replacement, I noticed that it's possible to upgrade to an electronic pump - Fuelflow Ecco is one I've seen widely praised online.
Any thoughts as to whether there's a ...
- Mon Jul 19, 2021 3:34 pm
- Forum: MGB General
- Topic: Folding Hood Frame Screws
- Replies: 2
- Views: 13822
Folding Hood Frame Screws
Hi all,
Hoping someone can help...
Do you know where I could source spare screws for the folding frame as indicated below?
I have two missing ones so finally understand where the annoying rattle was coming from!
Many thanks in anticipation
Hoping someone can help...
Do you know where I could source spare screws for the folding frame as indicated below?
I have two missing ones so finally understand where the annoying rattle was coming from!
Many thanks in anticipation
- Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:52 am
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Aluminium Cockpit Rail
- Replies: 5
- Views: 17306
Re: Aluminium Cockpit Rail
Thanks Paul - do you find that the hood catches the rail if stored `correctly' - i.e. stud fixings undone and folded so that the tonneau can be fitted?
- Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:43 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Aluminium Cockpit Rail
- Replies: 5
- Views: 17306
Re: Aluminium * Rail
For those trying to interpret the * rail - the forum doesn't allow the word `c o c k p i t' apparently
- Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:17 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Aluminium Cockpit Rail
- Replies: 5
- Views: 17306
Aluminium Cockpit Rail
A job I’ve been meaning to get round to that the impending winter will finally allow time for...
My car (1970 roadster with fold away hood) has had the rear aluminium cockpit rail re-covered in vinyl prior to my ownership.
This is my third roadster – my previous 1969 and 1972 MGBs had a bare ...
My car (1970 roadster with fold away hood) has had the rear aluminium cockpit rail re-covered in vinyl prior to my ownership.
This is my third roadster – my previous 1969 and 1972 MGBs had a bare ...