Search found 122 matches
- Tue Jun 09, 2026 1:26 am
- Forum: MGB General
- Topic: MGB Roadster budget restoration & conversion
- Replies: 24
- Views: 6759
Re: MGB Roadster budget restoration & conversion
How are you thinking of sourcing your bumpers? This might seem a bit out-of-step with your budget approach, but might work out cheaper. I very highly recommend Harrington stainless steel bumpers instead of chrome. New chrome bumper quality is poor, and re-chroming old ones is expensive. The quality ...
- Wed Nov 19, 2025 3:30 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Fog light
- Replies: 29
- Views: 416637
Re: Fog light
Thanks for the offer of help Paul.
And apologies for any unintended ambiguity in my post - I didn't *take* any pictures that showed my rear fog lights in a helpful or informative way, so I didn't even try to post any of them.
I gave up *taking* pictures, rather than *posting* them!
Allan ...
And apologies for any unintended ambiguity in my post - I didn't *take* any pictures that showed my rear fog lights in a helpful or informative way, so I didn't even try to post any of them.
I gave up *taking* pictures, rather than *posting* them!
Allan ...
- Mon Nov 17, 2025 2:19 am
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Fog light
- Replies: 29
- Views: 416637
Re: Fog light
Hard to tell without seeing them in real life, but it looks as though those lights are very directional, so used as rear fog lights they'd only be visible from directly behind the car.
The set-up I've used gives wider visibility, a real advantage with rear fog lights - and it leaves the rear lenses ...
The set-up I've used gives wider visibility, a real advantage with rear fog lights - and it leaves the rear lenses ...
- Sun Nov 16, 2025 3:59 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Fog light
- Replies: 29
- Views: 416637
Re: Fog light
Yup, that's exactly right - my two fog lights are behind the prismatic reflectors, the lowest areas of the rear light clusters.
On my Roadster, they're connected using the redundant wires intended for the GT heated rear window.
Allan
Hi sorry for a long pause in replying, I've been away for a ...
On my Roadster, they're connected using the redundant wires intended for the GT heated rear window.
Allan
Hi sorry for a long pause in replying, I've been away for a ...
- Tue Nov 04, 2025 12:02 am
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Fog light
- Replies: 29
- Views: 416637
Re: Fog light
Was this meant for me Mike?
If so, sorry, I've been slow to see it.
Weeks ago I took several pictures meaning to show how my set-up looks.
None of the pictures worked, and I gave up trying.
- Sat Oct 18, 2025 12:26 am
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Fog light
- Replies: 29
- Views: 416637
Re: Fog light
It doesn't.Issug987 wrote: Fri Oct 17, 2025 6:03 pm If you fit a light to the reflector position, does that not do away with the reflector?
The reflector part of the lens reflects light falling on it from behind as before.
And transmits light from the LED or bulb inside.
Allan
- Wed Oct 15, 2025 11:04 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: BGT seat height
- Replies: 11
- Views: 313258
Re: BGT seat height
Not sure this will be of any interest, but I've just been looking at the Frontline MGB seats, and they say they're significantly lower than the standards. Good luck! Allan
https://shop.frontline-cars.co.uk/parts ... product/89
https://shop.frontline-cars.co.uk/parts ... product/89
- Wed Oct 08, 2025 1:15 am
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Fog light
- Replies: 29
- Views: 416637
Re: Fog light
Apologies for the unintended mysterious ghost-post - I'd never heard about the 100mm rule Mike mentions, and was concerned about leading anyone into a life of mischief and wrong-doing!
Here's the history for your consideration.
I bought my MGB from a private seller in May 2000, and he kindly ...
Here's the history for your consideration.
I bought my MGB from a private seller in May 2000, and he kindly ...
- Sun Oct 05, 2025 1:23 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Fog light
- Replies: 29
- Views: 416637
Re: Fog light
Anyone thinking of adding rear fog lights might well consider the lowest reflective areas of the rear lens clusters.
Fitted here, when not in use they're invisible.
In use, they mark the width of the vehicle.
If you're working on a Roadster you can use the redundant wires in the loom intended ...
Fitted here, when not in use they're invisible.
In use, they mark the width of the vehicle.
If you're working on a Roadster you can use the redundant wires in the loom intended ...
- Thu May 22, 2025 11:37 pm
- Forum: MGB General
- Topic: Clutch
- Replies: 11
- Views: 289610
Re: Clutch
Sorry for not getting back to this earlier. I've not been able to have a look at this yet as I've been laid out on my back with a sciatica flair up.
If the rod and pin has wear this would be a gradual loss in movement I presume? My clutch operation happened within 30 minutes driving, ballooning ...