Search found 10 matches
- Fri Jul 10, 2026 10:24 am
- Forum: MGB General
- Topic: Restoration dilemma
- Replies: 13
- Views: 180087
Re: Restoration dilemma
Many thanks to everyone who posted on this thread - your advice was greatly appreciated. Just to update I found a local bodywork company with a good reputation just a short distance from where I live. I also spoke to a couple of people who'd taken their MGs there and they had been very pleased with ...
- Fri Jul 10, 2026 10:19 am
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: MGB Cooling
- Replies: 7
- Views: 532
MGB Cooling
Hello - I have a 1963 MGB which I'm currently restoring. I just wondered what the current thinking on cooling is? I used to run the car with a standard radiator and a Kenlowe fan, which worked pretty well. I notice you can now get larger aluminum radiators which provide better cooling - and perhaps ...
- Fri Jul 10, 2026 10:09 am
- Forum: Parts For Sale/Wanted
- Topic: Early MGB wings
- Replies: 1
- Views: 29
Early MGB wings
Hello,
I'm restoring a 1963 roadster and just wondered if anyone had a pair of early wings for sale (ie the ones with the wider spacing between the grill and indictors)?
Many thanks,
Paul
Essex
I'm restoring a 1963 roadster and just wondered if anyone had a pair of early wings for sale (ie the ones with the wider spacing between the grill and indictors)?
Many thanks,
Paul
Essex
- Fri Oct 17, 2025 4:50 pm
- Forum: MGB General
- Topic: Restoration dilemma
- Replies: 13
- Views: 180087
Re: Restoration dilemma
Many thanks Ian and David - you both been very helpful - endoscope sounds a great idea.
- Tue Oct 14, 2025 10:29 pm
- Forum: MGB General
- Topic: Restoration dilemma
- Replies: 13
- Views: 180087
Re: Restoration dilemma
Many thanks Chris - I've not seen them, I'll check them out. Unfortunately our local welder has retired. Best wishes, Paul
- Mon Oct 13, 2025 5:32 pm
- Forum: MGB General
- Topic: Restoration dilemma
- Replies: 13
- Views: 180087
Re: Restoration dilemma
Many thanks Chris - that's much appreciated. I have contacted a local welder I know, so I'm hoping he'll have a look. I live in Essex.
- Mon Oct 13, 2025 11:30 am
- Forum: MGB General
- Topic: Restoration dilemma
- Replies: 13
- Views: 180087
Re: Restoration dilemma
Many thanks Ian - that's definitely another avenue I can explore.
- Mon Oct 13, 2025 10:18 am
- Forum: MGB General
- Topic: Restoration dilemma
- Replies: 13
- Views: 180087
Restoration dilemma
Hi - I'm looking for some advice about what to do about my MGB. It's an early car (1963) with the original matching engine, alloy bonnet, overdrive etc and I've history back to the 80s. I've had it for more than 20 years but it's now in need of some major bodywork - most likely new sills and floors ...
- Sat May 24, 2025 11:36 pm
- Forum: MGB General
- Topic: MGB bodywork recommendations
- Replies: 3
- Views: 258341
Re: MGB bodywork recommendations
Many thanks Steven
- Sat May 24, 2025 6:12 pm
- Forum: MGB General
- Topic: MGB bodywork recommendations
- Replies: 3
- Views: 258341
MGB bodywork recommendations
Hello, I've finally got some time to get my '63 MGB up and running again after being laid up for quite a while. It will definitely need some bodywork repairs - most probably sills and a new floor. I wondered if anyone had any recommendations for a good bodyshop in the Essex area of the UK that they ...