Ian and Peter make good points. I like the idea of the c/b cross member but wonder if the body shell is the same in that area as I have not seen the crossmember swap advertised or promoted.
Certainly the lowering kits don't warn of potential problems, with the shorter front springs the angles of ...
Search found 4 matches
- Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:35 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Suspension springs
- Replies: 9
- Views: 19527
- Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:09 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Suspension springs
- Replies: 9
- Views: 19527
Re: Suspension springs
Hi David,
I lowered my rubber bumper car some years ago, one thing I did some years after that ( I wish I had done it sooner!) was fit some reduced height front bump stops. I had seen them advertised which prompted me to have a look, there was evidence they had been in use (marking on rubber) and ...
I lowered my rubber bumper car some years ago, one thing I did some years after that ( I wish I had done it sooner!) was fit some reduced height front bump stops. I had seen them advertised which prompted me to have a look, there was evidence they had been in use (marking on rubber) and ...
- Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:21 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Roadster Windscreen replacement
- Replies: 5
- Views: 14310
Re: Roadster Windscreen replacement
Hi David,
I replaced my windscreen glass when I got my roadster 18 years ago, I would not recommend doing this yourself. Getting the screen assembly off the car was ok but putting a replacement glass in the frame was "blooming awful". It was not helped by the new screen glass not being exactly the ...
I replaced my windscreen glass when I got my roadster 18 years ago, I would not recommend doing this yourself. Getting the screen assembly off the car was ok but putting a replacement glass in the frame was "blooming awful". It was not helped by the new screen glass not being exactly the ...
- Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:15 am
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Engine sound dampening
- Replies: 3
- Views: 13171
Re: Engine sound dampening
Hi Tim,
I have often thought the same as you, it would be nice to be able to talk to the passenger! A thing I read on this a while ago said that all holes through the bulkhead should be sorted out with grommets etc. the point being holes make a big difference. This was highlighted to me on my comfy ...
I have often thought the same as you, it would be nice to be able to talk to the passenger! A thing I read on this a while ago said that all holes through the bulkhead should be sorted out with grommets etc. the point being holes make a big difference. This was highlighted to me on my comfy ...