IMG_3356.jpeg
FullSizeRender.jpeg
FullSizeRender.jpeg
For now I’ve reassembled the dashboard so I can see how the paint looks after some exposure to the sun. When I come to do more work on the surround for the instruments I’ll also work on smoothing over the holes (they are far less obvious ...
Search found 38 matches
- Sat Jul 11, 2026 2:45 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Repairing (screw) holes on a dashboard
- Replies: 12
- Views: 19308
- Sat Jul 11, 2026 2:39 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Repairing (screw) holes on a dashboard
- Replies: 12
- Views: 19308
Re: Repairing (screw) holes on a dashboard
]So… several years of work distractions later (a a few mechanical headaches thst took priority), I finally got around to this one.
Getting the wood panels off revealed greater horrors, particularly around the instruments. I took some more photos
IMG_3050.jpeg
IMG_3049.jpeg
Doing some research I ...
Getting the wood panels off revealed greater horrors, particularly around the instruments. I took some more photos
IMG_3050.jpeg
IMG_3049.jpeg
Doing some research I ...
- Tue Apr 28, 2026 7:13 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Idling higher than normal
- Replies: 4
- Views: 2029
Re: Idling higher than normal
That’s not the way round it normally works
Others will eventually pitch in who have better technical skills than I. I did spend the last summer though running down a slight drop in Revs so I understand the annoyance and pain you are about to go through.
First things first. Have you started or ...
Others will eventually pitch in who have better technical skills than I. I did spend the last summer though running down a slight drop in Revs so I understand the annoyance and pain you are about to go through.
First things first. Have you started or ...
- Sat Feb 28, 2026 5:24 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Car not starting, is it the carburetor?
- Replies: 6
- Views: 13494
Re: Car not starting, is it the carburetor?
To clarify - the engine is turning over? If it isn’t, then the culprit is a non-working Starter Solenoid (or god forbid the engine is seized but let’s not go there)
From your description, I’m guessing the engine tries to turn over. The two things that stand out for me…
1) You’ve switched out the ...
From your description, I’m guessing the engine tries to turn over. The two things that stand out for me…
1) You’ve switched out the ...
- Thu Dec 25, 2025 12:01 pm
- Forum: MGB General
- Topic: MX5 into MGB GT engine swap
- Replies: 39
- Views: 136514
Re: MX5 engine swap
Are you documenting with pictures. Any chance we can get a look?
Merry Christmas!
Merry Christmas!
- Sun Dec 07, 2025 1:40 am
- Forum: MGB General
- Topic: New member looking to purchase MGB GT
- Replies: 4
- Views: 61274
Re: New member looking to purchase MGB GT
Impulse buying is understandable. But I would urge anyone to avoid eBay or any other purchase where you haven’t seen and driven the car first.
At the end of the day, you need your MGB to have a sound body shell and a viable engine Neither.of those things can be assessed by photograph and repairs to ...
At the end of the day, you need your MGB to have a sound body shell and a viable engine Neither.of those things can be assessed by photograph and repairs to ...
- Sat Dec 06, 2025 4:08 pm
- Forum: MGB General
- Topic: New member looking to purchase MGB GT
- Replies: 4
- Views: 61274
Re: New member looking to purchase MGB GT
Welcome to the Forum!
I’m afraid I’m not from your neck of the woods, and drive the soft top variant of the MGB to boot. But my suggestion is you make contact with your local MG Car Club Centre and arrange to join one of the regular “natters” that are held. MGB’s are pretty ubiquitous so you should ...
I’m afraid I’m not from your neck of the woods, and drive the soft top variant of the MGB to boot. But my suggestion is you make contact with your local MG Car Club Centre and arrange to join one of the regular “natters” that are held. MGB’s are pretty ubiquitous so you should ...
- Wed Oct 15, 2025 6:51 pm
- Forum: MGB General
- Topic: Restoration dilemma
- Replies: 13
- Views: 180078
Re: Restoration dilemma
Just to follow up on Ian’s point about hidden corrosion….
I bought myself a 4mm diameter endoscope and was able to get its camera into every box area or difficult to view area of the bar. It took several days, my neighbours thought I was insane, but I did manage to see whether there was rust damage ...
I bought myself a 4mm diameter endoscope and was able to get its camera into every box area or difficult to view area of the bar. It took several days, my neighbours thought I was insane, but I did manage to see whether there was rust damage ...
- Tue Oct 07, 2025 1:09 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Fog light
- Replies: 29
- Views: 416638
Re: Fog light
There was. He responded to Mike /Bumpa’s point then talked about how his car had pasted MoT’s despite a modification he’d made.Ian F wrote: Tue Oct 07, 2025 9:48 am Wasn't there a reply from Allan here yesterday?
Perhaps I was dreaming?
Ian F
I can’t see the post either.
- Mon Sep 22, 2025 10:43 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Identifying a Ringing / Singing Noise when the car is travelling at 30mph+
- Replies: 5
- Views: 236044
Re: Identifying a Ringing / Singing Noise when the car is travelling at 30mph+
Ian, Mike, thanks for the thoughts on this. I took the car on a 25 mile drive this evening listening to the noises it makes. Turns out there are two noises.
The is a high pitch ringing / singing sound I’m inclined to agree with Ian is a lost fastener in a boxed off space. I know of at least one nut ...
The is a high pitch ringing / singing sound I’m inclined to agree with Ian is a lost fastener in a boxed off space. I know of at least one nut ...