Search found 6 matches

by Chris.Wilkins
Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:50 pm
Forum: MGB General
Topic: Who is going to MG Live 2015 - 20th 21st June
Replies: 14
Views: 35458

Re: Who is going to MG Live 2015 - 20th 21st June

John, I am sure you know I will be at Silverstone as I am on Neill's list, see you on the friday!!
regards
Chris
by Chris.Wilkins
Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:25 pm
Forum: MGB Technical
Topic: MGB TOOLS AND SPARES TO CARRY
Replies: 11
Views: 30367

Re: MGB TOOLS AND SPARES TO CARRY

Graham, on our recent trip to Gabicce Mare, many of the MGB's had faulty brake lights due to the failure of the switch located in the engine bay which is activated by brake fluid pressure. I now carry a spare as the quality of the after market supplies are questionable. It can be changed without ...
by Chris.Wilkins
Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:15 pm
Forum: MGB General
Topic: Pre Production Prototype MGB GT
Replies: 17
Views: 328409

Re: Pre Production Prototype MGB GT

WJB 910D is on the MGB Register, entry number 3564, so entered quite a few years ago by a prevoius owner. If I could have the contact details of the current owner I will update the Register. Not many details excpt it says original engine number was 18GBUH101
Chris
by Chris.Wilkins
Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:49 pm
Forum: MGB Technical
Topic: Batteries
Replies: 11
Views: 57205

Re: Batteries

I had the same experiance as Roger, the recommended battery was too large and I also chose a suitible battery from Halfords. I happened to have an MX5 12 volt battery from an old golf cart so I fitted that in parallel to the 12 volt battery above, and since then the car has started amazingly well ...
by Chris.Wilkins
Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:55 pm
Forum: MGB Technical
Topic: MGB Brake switches
Replies: 9
Views: 29428

Re: MGB Brake switches

RIchard Homer has also fitted a switch similar to that fitted to the original TF, as well as one of the Tim Kelly hydraulically actuated switches - belt and braces!!
by Chris.Wilkins
Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:26 pm
Forum: MGB Technical
Topic: MGB Brake switches
Replies: 9
Views: 29428

MGB Brake switches

During a recent trip to Gabbice Mare we noted that many of the MGB's attendind the MG's by the Sea week had faulty brake lights. Mostly due to failed brake switches in the hydraulic line. These can be changed without losing brake fluid by placing a piece of thin plastic underneath the brake fliud ...