Search found 10 matches
- Sat Feb 19, 2022 5:24 am
- Forum: MGB General
- Topic: Have changes increased or decreased value?
- Replies: 6
- Views: 13642
Re: Have changes increased or decreased value?
Unfortunately not. As much as I’d love to use it as a daily driver my main car is a company car. I’m a site engineer so have to drive around all over the place.
- Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:13 pm
- Forum: MGB General
- Topic: Have changes increased or decreased value?
- Replies: 6
- Views: 13642
Re: Have changes increased or decreased value?
Ahh I hadn’t considered the auction route, that’s really interesting. Thanks.
- Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:52 am
- Forum: MGB General
- Topic: Have changes increased or decreased value?
- Replies: 6
- Views: 13642
Have changes increased or decreased value?
Hello,
Long story short - I’m no longer able to use the area I’ve stored my MG over the years so sadly got to sell her. It’s been more an engineering project than a daily driver (I drive it most weekends though) and other than the re-bore I’ve done all the work myself, so I’ve no idea what it’s ...
Long story short - I’m no longer able to use the area I’ve stored my MG over the years so sadly got to sell her. It’s been more an engineering project than a daily driver (I drive it most weekends though) and other than the re-bore I’ve done all the work myself, so I’ve no idea what it’s ...
- Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:06 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Rev drop when clutch engages
- Replies: 4
- Views: 17075
Re: Rev drop when clutch engages
Thanks. I’ll check the end float on the crank. Good to know I’m not alone though.
Perhaps I just need more bhp- some kind of supercharger perhaps
Perhaps I just need more bhp- some kind of supercharger perhaps
- Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:01 am
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Rev drop when clutch engages
- Replies: 4
- Views: 17075
Rev drop when clutch engages
Ello,
More out of curiosity than anything as the engine runs fine otherwise - and was rebuilt fairly recently, but if I set the idle to less than 1k and put my foot on the clutch the revs drop to about 500rpm. If I happen to do it while the radiator fan and lights are on it pretty much stalls. Is ...
More out of curiosity than anything as the engine runs fine otherwise - and was rebuilt fairly recently, but if I set the idle to less than 1k and put my foot on the clutch the revs drop to about 500rpm. If I happen to do it while the radiator fan and lights are on it pretty much stalls. Is ...
- Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:57 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: upper fulcrum pin shearing ?
- Replies: 6
- Views: 12785
Re: upper fulcrum pin shearing ?
I fitted blue poly bushes a few years ago and kept the original fulcrum pins. I've not had any issues with them. I recently had them all apart too to fit new stub axles and couldn't see any unusual wear or damage to the fulcrum pins.
- Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:34 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Engine mud shield / radiator cowl ?
- Replies: 23
- Views: 41048
Re: Engine mud shield / radiator cowl ?
I believe it helps direct air flow through the radiator - rather than round the bottom of it. Certainly cant hurt to have one. Also, the chrome ones look good!
- Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:01 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Recon Stub Axles
- Replies: 4
- Views: 7997
Re: Recon Stub Axles
I have been looking into that as it happens. From what I've read you can get a complete pair of Koyo needle bearings and washers direct from suppliers for about £25, so I might give that a go if I get time.
- Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:46 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Recon Stub Axles
- Replies: 4
- Views: 7997
Re: Recon Stub Axles
Excellent, thanks Ian.
I'm sure I'll very quickly find some other bits to spend the money I've saved on.
I'm sure I'll very quickly find some other bits to spend the money I've saved on.
- Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:03 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Recon Stub Axles
- Replies: 4
- Views: 7997
Recon Stub Axles
Hi All,
Has anyone got any experience with recon stub axles? Mine need replacing and recon units seem a better deal at half the price of 'new' ones, but I have seen some negative feedback about quality online.
Thanks,
Has anyone got any experience with recon stub axles? Mine need replacing and recon units seem a better deal at half the price of 'new' ones, but I have seen some negative feedback about quality online.
Thanks,