Search found 298 matches
- Fri Jul 24, 2026 8:55 am
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Choke coupling
- Replies: 3
- Views: 156
Re: Choke coupling
Have you tried loosening the clamp at the front carb - that's the bit with the nut on top - it allows the mechanism on each carb to be matched. That will allow you to move the linkage on the front carb until it matches the rear carb.
- Mon Jul 13, 2026 5:29 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: MGB Cooling
- Replies: 7
- Views: 530
Re: MGB Cooling
Paul, I know it's currently hot in Essex - it's quite warm on the west coast of Scotland. The MGB as designed should be able to cope with the sort of temperatures you are currently seeing. After all, it was built to be exported to the USA which can get very high temps in some areas. Have you found ...
- Wed Apr 08, 2026 8:12 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Jumping out of reverse
- Replies: 1
- Views: 4465
Re: Jumping out of reverse
First make sure the gear lever isn't fouling on the edge of the hole in the tunnel. If it can't go right back, it could cause jumping out of gear.
- Sun Apr 05, 2026 1:54 pm
- Forum: MGB General
- Topic: Safety Fast March 2026 Living with the MGB
- Replies: 7
- Views: 12491
Re: Safety Fast March 2026 Living with the MGB
It seems a complicated way to build a car, but I guess it has always been so.
George, I see you have a BSA Bantam. I first rode one of those in 1965! The speedo only went up to 55 mph and my brother and I tried very hard to get it there.
George, I see you have a BSA Bantam. I first rode one of those in 1965! The speedo only went up to 55 mph and my brother and I tried very hard to get it there.
- Mon Jan 26, 2026 9:44 am
- Forum: MGB General
- Topic: Colour coded wheels - yes or no
- Replies: 7
- Views: 42491
Re: Colour coded wheels - yes or no
Not an MGB, but my ZR 160 has the original wheels painted in black with a metalflake finish. That's how it was when I bought it and I like it.
- Sat Jan 03, 2026 3:00 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Mgb thermostat
- Replies: 5
- Views: 51109
Re: Mgb thermostat
I've said this before, but in my humble opinion after 40 years of MGB experience, the oil cooler is entirely unnecessary in the UK climate unless you are going racing, or such like. At the very least I think you should cover the cooler with foil to prevent the cold air passing through it. On my 1800 ...
- Sun Dec 21, 2025 11:49 am
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Carb rebulit
- Replies: 4
- Views: 59071
Re: Carb rebulit
I think Ian is right. The problem is the depth (or lack of depth) of the filters. I reckon the standard filters would be better than those. I had K&N on my B (now sold) and they flowed so much air the carb needles needed changing to keep the mixture right.
- Sun Dec 14, 2025 11:32 am
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Carburetor Hose
- Replies: 4
- Views: 61574
Re: Carburetor Hose
On my 1971 car the set up is like this.
- Sun Dec 14, 2025 11:28 am
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Carburetor Hose
- Replies: 4
- Views: 61574
Re: Carburetor Hose
Sorry, I don't think that Steve is right. The extra hose connections by the dashpots is for the crankcase breather system. Have a look at the pictures on Paul Hunt's site mgb-stuff.org.uk
https://www.mgb-stuff.org.uk/suports.htm
The overflow pipes Steve refers to are normally on the top of the ...
https://www.mgb-stuff.org.uk/suports.htm
The overflow pipes Steve refers to are normally on the top of the ...
- Fri Nov 21, 2025 12:22 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Steering wobble
- Replies: 6
- Views: 84448
Re: Steering wobble
Does a '77 B have Rostyle wheels? These can be hard to balance perfectly because the hole in the middle, where wheel balancing machines locate, is not always dead centre. My long experience with MGBs tells me that the design of the front suspension and steering is particularly sensitive to wheel ...