Hi,
Just managed to track down and buy a set of Cosmic Mk 4s that I bought in '81 for my first 'bgt.
All I know about them is a) they are (brushed ?) aluminum and b) I have never seen another set like them.. and they are not a typical Cosmic.
I bought them through a MG supplier in Toronto ...
Search found 17 matches
- Thu Sep 14, 2023 9:17 pm
- Forum: MGB General
- Topic: What company manufactured Cosmic Rims in the 70/80s.. ?
- Replies: 0
- Views: 221287
- Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:57 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Replacing rear spring hangers
- Replies: 4
- Views: 14256
Re: Replacing rear spring hangers
Would love to see someone doing it first but I guess it doesn't exist.. tons on vids doing important stuff like how to change your oil 
Thanks
Ian
Thanks
Ian
- Wed Jun 15, 2022 11:13 am
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Replacing rear spring hangers
- Replies: 4
- Views: 14256
Re: Replacing rear spring hangers
Thanks Ian,
I have the car flipped upside down now.. I suspended it by the front spring hangers and below. Will be removing the unit I made that connects the car on to the rotisserie..
Not much out there on this.. even though I know it is not that uncommon ..
The key will be to go slow am measure ...
I have the car flipped upside down now.. I suspended it by the front spring hangers and below. Will be removing the unit I made that connects the car on to the rotisserie..
Not much out there on this.. even though I know it is not that uncommon ..
The key will be to go slow am measure ...
- Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:33 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Replacing rear spring hangers
- Replies: 4
- Views: 14256
Replacing rear spring hangers
'72 'bgt
Are there any YT Vids or good instructions on how to replace a spring hanger. I have the parts coming but I cannot seem to find anything on the 'inet on actually doing it.
Anyone have any links ?
Thanks
Are there any YT Vids or good instructions on how to replace a spring hanger. I have the parts coming but I cannot seem to find anything on the 'inet on actually doing it.
Anyone have any links ?
Thanks
- Mon Feb 28, 2022 7:40 pm
- Forum: MGB General
- Topic: Anyone have an email addy for the person that maintains the MGB database ?
- Replies: 6
- Views: 20505
Re: Anyone have an email addy for the person that maintains the MGB database ?
Paul,
I own a car that there was a very small volume of them made.. I am curious how many actually survived and are registered.
Is this possible ?
Thanks
Ian.
Hi Ian,
It's not a searchable database I'm afraid. When a car is registered with us the Registrar will either issue a new number if ...
I own a car that there was a very small volume of them made.. I am curious how many actually survived and are registered.
Is this possible ?
Thanks
Ian.
Hi Ian,
It's not a searchable database I'm afraid. When a car is registered with us the Registrar will either issue a new number if ...
- Mon Feb 28, 2022 7:10 pm
- Forum: MGB General
- Topic: Anyone have an email addy for the person that maintains the MGB database ?
- Replies: 6
- Views: 20505
Anyone have an email addy for the person that maintains the MGB database ?
After I bought my last MG, I registered the serial number.
Is there anyway I can search this data base or is there a person I can query ?
Thanks, ian
Is there anyway I can search this data base or is there a person I can query ?
Thanks, ian
- Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:36 pm
- Forum: Parts For Sale/Wanted
- Topic: Looking for advertising - 1972 'bgt
- Replies: 1
- Views: 5988
Re: Looking for advertising - 1972 'bgt
I now assume BMC did nor produce any advertising for the uk/continental spec 'bgt in 1972.
Too funny.
Too funny.
- Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:53 pm
- Forum: Parts For Sale/Wanted
- Topic: Looking for advertising - 1972 'bgt
- Replies: 1
- Views: 5988
Looking for advertising - 1972 'bgt
Folks,
Trying to find an advert that looks like my car
.
In search of advertising for a Continental spec MGB GT (LHD). Seller must be willing to ship it to Canada. I would also be happy with a RHD model.
Thanks
Ian.
Trying to find an advert that looks like my car
In search of advertising for a Continental spec MGB GT (LHD). Seller must be willing to ship it to Canada. I would also be happy with a RHD model.
Thanks
Ian.
- Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:48 pm
- Forum: MGB General
- Topic: So what did I actually buy ?
- Replies: 15
- Views: 27790
Re: So what did I actually buy ?
Ian,
Yes, both coasts were hammered but in the East, it has happened before and the West, they were warned.. not putting monies into infrastructure does that.. but that is politics. I am in Nova Scotia, the opposite coats but we seem to swap a lot of Profs back and forth.. we have 10 universities ...
Yes, both coasts were hammered but in the East, it has happened before and the West, they were warned.. not putting monies into infrastructure does that.. but that is politics. I am in Nova Scotia, the opposite coats but we seem to swap a lot of Profs back and forth.. we have 10 universities ...
- Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:32 pm
- Forum: MGB General
- Topic: So what did I actually buy ?
- Replies: 15
- Views: 27790
Re: So what did I actually buy ?
Ian,
My '71 had smog control on it.. key word being had.. I don't remember this one having it.., I should have looked before I stored it.
I am quite tickled pink over this car.. and more so when I find out what condition the shell is actually in. I am putting it on a rotisserie and having it ...
My '71 had smog control on it.. key word being had.. I don't remember this one having it.., I should have looked before I stored it.
I am quite tickled pink over this car.. and more so when I find out what condition the shell is actually in. I am putting it on a rotisserie and having it ...