Search found 36 matches

by Donie
Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:31 am
Forum: MGB Technical
Topic: Battery charging
Replies: 19
Views: 36696

Re: Battery charging

Hi Guys, and Gals.........and GeoffK

I can't speak highly enough about CTEK. They are superb battery mainteners.

They come with both 'charging side' lead types, crocodile and eyelet with quick connector plug, and helps make them a wonderful bit of kit,

Connecting the eyelet lead to the battery ...
by Donie
Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:31 am
Forum: MGB General
Topic: Rubber Bumper Conversion to Chrome
Replies: 9
Views: 32148

Re: Rubber Bumper Conversion to Chrome


My car was originally Chrome Bumper. The previous owner (a friend) had a conversion carried out as a part of a ground up, nut and bolt rebuild. He determined that the new Chrome Bumpers are of questionable quality, and the cost of repairing and re-chroming the originals was phrohibitive, so he ...
by Donie
Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:09 pm
Forum: MGB General
Topic: Rubber Bumper Conversion to Chrome
Replies: 9
Views: 32148

Re: Rubber Bumper Conversion to Chrome

Hello Chris,

Many thanks for your RPS suggestion, I hadn't come across that in my searches.

I'm having a good look at it, because I'm honestly not a fan of the Chrome conversion, since the later dashboard inside, will always let it down.

What was your experience with the RPS, can you remember?
by Donie
Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:26 pm
Forum: MGB General
Topic: Rubber Bumper Conversion to Chrome
Replies: 9
Views: 32148

Rubber Bumper Conversion to Chrome

I've searched but can't seem to find any mention of converting a rubber bumper late MGB to chrome.

Surely someone must have done this work.

I was prepared to leave the 1978 roadster as is with it's rubber bumpers, that is until I took them off, for overall paintwork.

The weight of them is quite ...
by Donie
Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:46 am
Forum: MGB Technical
Topic: 73 MGB GT restoration
Replies: 18
Views: 43281

Re: 73 MGB GT restoration

Hello Ian,

After you filled the seam with brass, how did you fix on the top strip?

Did you use the original T section type, with the vertical section cut off, or a substitute strip?

I've hear of someone using the stick-on lead strip, used for pseudo leaded lights glazing. Would this be durable ...
by Donie
Sun Jul 31, 2022 1:51 pm
Forum: MGB Technical
Topic: 73 MGB GT restoration
Replies: 18
Views: 43281

Re: 73 MGB GT restoration

Hello MGB'ers.

I've read, with great interest, the great nuggets of information in this thread on painting, and preparing.

Firstly, my roadster is a very hard to love, 1978 RB, in the equally hard to like Hunter Green, BRG.
I have owned chrome bumper roadster and GT back in the day, when the cars ...
by Donie
Sun Jul 24, 2022 10:59 am
Forum: MGB Technical
Topic: Panel voltage stabiliser?
Replies: 21
Views: 77496

Re: Panel voltage stabiliser?

Charles,

How did you manage to take that photo :D

I might see if removing the steering wheel might help me, and with raising the car up high on axle stands, or I might even be able to work my hands in there,(without my head under the dash) with the wheel off.

As said earlier, it may well be bad ...
by Donie
Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:42 am
Forum: MGB Technical
Topic: Panel voltage stabiliser?
Replies: 21
Views: 77496

Re: Panel voltage stabiliser?

I realise that this long standing thread veered off into the area of temperature and pressure caps, but I'm definitely venturing back into the subject of voltage stabiliser.

My fuel and temperature guages (1978 MGB RB) don't work so I suspect the voltage stabiliser.

No longer being as nimble as I ...
by Donie
Tue Jul 12, 2022 9:45 am
Forum: MGB Technical
Topic: Leak at thermostat studs
Replies: 8
Views: 19213

Re: Leak at thermostat studs

So thread very carefully :D
by Donie
Tue Jul 12, 2022 9:39 am
Forum: MGB Technical
Topic: Diff Talk
Replies: 12
Views: 31893

Re: Diff Talk

Charles,

Thank for your photos of the handbrake cable securing strap options.

They are a great help in a work-around to removing the cable to fit a strap.

My my, doesn't that diff in the photos look clean. :)