Search found 11 matches
- Mon Sep 21, 2026 11:17 am
- Forum: MGB General
- Topic: Stolen MGB
- Replies: 1
- Views: 57
Stolen MGB
Please help us find this car for a dear friend who has had this car for 43 years and it has huge sentimental value. This MGB Roadster KVU9 87G and trailer was stolen from Pontefract North Premier Inn in early hours of 20 Sept 2026. If you know of it’s whereabouts please contact police crime number ...
- Tue Jul 14, 2026 5:07 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: MGB Cooling
- Replies: 7
- Views: 530
Re: MGB Cooling
I run a B with standard rad, cooling fan and coolant. Touch wood it has been fine - we did HERO London Lisbon in it in 30 deg+ over the Pyrenees, several times back and forth. It got a bit warm but did not overheat .
- Tue Jul 14, 2026 5:02 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Lever-arm front shock absorbers
- Replies: 2
- Views: 335
Re: Lever-arm front shock absorbers
I have just had the same problem ordering 1 - most of the normal suspects seem to be out of stock. I have yet to fit it, but from the last time I did it:
There is no gasket under the shock. As to new bolts etc, for the cost of them I ordered a set of 4 and still have 2 , 1 used when replacing and ...
There is no gasket under the shock. As to new bolts etc, for the cost of them I ordered a set of 4 and still have 2 , 1 used when replacing and ...
- Fri Jun 26, 2026 5:52 pm
- Forum: MGBs in Competition
- Topic: Rollover rear cage for MG BGT
- Replies: 2
- Views: 412645
Re: Rollover rear cage for MG BGT
I have had a chat with them. The standard one they supply is with the harness bar and to have one without will be quite a bit more expensive as is is a special order. Being a simple soul I thought it might be cheaper or at least the same price to leave one bit off. I can only assume there are other ...
- Fri Nov 14, 2025 5:18 pm
- Forum: MGB General
- Topic: Classic car run
- Replies: 6
- Views: 120947
Re: Classic car run
Sorry one other thought - on some events ( Rally of the Tests, for example for transport legs ) Tulips are not used but are replaced by abbreviations at the given distance e.g:
T GW TR
HPL SP: Hexham
Xrds GW SO
Rbt 2nd Exit SP: Sedburgh
Good fun to use once you get the hang of them, I have a ...
T GW TR
HPL SP: Hexham
Xrds GW SO
Rbt 2nd Exit SP: Sedburgh
Good fun to use once you get the hang of them, I have a ...
- Fri Nov 14, 2025 5:09 pm
- Forum: MGB General
- Topic: Classic car run
- Replies: 6
- Views: 120947
Re: Classic car run
We run a scenic tour every year and I create the Tulip road book using Visio ( other drawing packages are available!) for the tulips themselves which are saved as .jpg and then inserted into the appropriate row in an Excel spreadsheet. I know this is how HERO do it for their events, and as far as I ...
- Sun Dec 22, 2024 3:40 pm
- Forum: MGB General
- Topic: 3/4 anti roll bar
- Replies: 14
- Views: 120894
Re: 3/4 anti roll bar
Just in time for me - my anti roll bar has been creeping and contacting the balance weights on full lock, I was just about to get some cut down washers welded on but these look a lot better. I did not know these existed - my jubilee clip alternative did not work
Thanks!
Thanks!
- Fri Jul 28, 2023 1:25 pm
- Forum: MGBs in Competition
- Topic: Rollover rear cage for MG BGT
- Replies: 2
- Views: 412645
Rollover rear cage for MG BGT
I am looking at fitting a rear rollover cage with a diagonal but no harness bar to our MG BGT. I intend to leave the harnesses attached where they are, at the base of the seat back as I want to be able to fold/unfold the rear seat as required. I am not required to have a rollover cage but would be ...
- Sun Jun 04, 2023 4:35 pm
- Forum: MGB General
- Topic: Seat belt mountings
- Replies: 8
- Views: 47226
Re: Seat belt mountings
I have had the same problem on my '73 BGT – same mounting points even with my 1800 engine!
I currently have my 3 point ones mounted at the base of the rear seat back rest with reinforcement plates in the spare wheel well, but as noted above they do go down a bit. I was looking at getting a ...
I currently have my 3 point ones mounted at the base of the rear seat back rest with reinforcement plates in the spare wheel well, but as noted above they do go down a bit. I was looking at getting a ...
- Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:53 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Upgrading the Fuses
- Replies: 3
- Views: 13032
Re: Upgrading the Fuses
Thanks, that is just the sort of thing I am after., Plenty to think about for this winter
Mike
Mike