Hi, I believe it's a 3/8" UNF thread
hope this helps
Neal
Search found 14 matches
- Tue Sep 29, 2026 9:18 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: GT spare wheel hold-down bolt thread
- Replies: 2
- Views: 38
- Fri Aug 07, 2026 8:40 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Rear hub oil seals
- Replies: 2
- Views: 113
Re: Rear hub oil seals
Query solved - different type of seal has been used which is a metal covered variety. - Thank you Mike Barclay and Paul Scott
- Thu Aug 06, 2026 5:59 pm
- Forum: Parts For Sale/Wanted
- Topic: Set of good Rostyle wheels and tyres
- Replies: 0
- Views: 27
Set of good Rostyle wheels and tyres
Free to collect
Set of Rostyle wheels, Good condition and fitted with very good Falken tyres (165/80R14), Logo centre caps and stainless rim embellishments.
also Spare wheel (Rostyle fitted with Barum tyre good condition.
These were fitted to my car when I bought it but being a 1967 wrong and I ...
Set of Rostyle wheels, Good condition and fitted with very good Falken tyres (165/80R14), Logo centre caps and stainless rim embellishments.
also Spare wheel (Rostyle fitted with Barum tyre good condition.
These were fitted to my car when I bought it but being a 1967 wrong and I ...
- Thu Aug 06, 2026 5:25 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Rear hub oil seals
- Replies: 2
- Views: 113
Rear hub oil seals
Hi all,
I have been working on my Mg's rear brakes / hubs today (1967 BGT).
I am rather confused - after removing the rear hubs on both sides to change the oil seals; the seals are different? The offside was as I expected, a rubber seal, but the nearside has what appears to be a metal seal or ...
I have been working on my Mg's rear brakes / hubs today (1967 BGT).
I am rather confused - after removing the rear hubs on both sides to change the oil seals; the seals are different? The offside was as I expected, a rubber seal, but the nearside has what appears to be a metal seal or ...
- Mon Dec 09, 2024 5:54 pm
- Forum: MGB General
- Topic: Is it OK to pass an MGB off as earlier than it is?
- Replies: 21
- Views: 183769
Re: Is it OK to pass an MGB off as earlier than it is?
Hi, I am not sure what the regulations are when a car has been re-shelled, whether it can still carry the original body number or not and also the engine number being changed back. It would be interesting to see the registration document to see if it ties up.
I guess if it is a reputable dealer and ...
I guess if it is a reputable dealer and ...
- Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:45 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Old Residue behind Driver Dashboard (renewing car bodywork)
- Replies: 10
- Views: 38850
Re: Old Residue behind Driver Dashboard (renewing car bodywork)
Hi David,
My first MGB GT (1971) had a similar appearance with several areas covered with what I assumed was a sound proofing / rust prevention coating. Does yours have the same appearance in the battery wells? Mine also had both wells finished in the same way and even the underside of the battery ...
My first MGB GT (1971) had a similar appearance with several areas covered with what I assumed was a sound proofing / rust prevention coating. Does yours have the same appearance in the battery wells? Mine also had both wells finished in the same way and even the underside of the battery ...
- Fri Jan 05, 2024 5:41 pm
- Forum: MGB General
- Topic: Electric windows ?
- Replies: 11
- Views: 288899
Re: Electric windows ?
Can you provide the link to the Moss kit? I can't find it. The RV8 didn't have power windows when new. I believe the manual winder mechanism is the same as the old MGB.
This is where I saw the Moss kit:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181785116030?chn=ps&_ul=GB&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=710-134428 ...
- Wed Jan 03, 2024 5:02 pm
- Forum: MGB General
- Topic: Electric windows ?
- Replies: 11
- Views: 288899
Re: Electric windows ?
What about the electric window kit fitted to the MGR V8? - Moss sells the full kit.
Hope this helps
Hope this helps
- Mon Apr 17, 2023 6:10 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Coolant leak
- Replies: 19
- Views: 130966
Re: Coolant leak
Hi again Remy, I'm not very familiar with electronic distributors but by the internals I meant any cable connections, the rotor and the plate they attach to.
Neal
Neal
- Mon Apr 17, 2023 5:37 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Coolant leak
- Replies: 19
- Views: 130966
Re: Coolant leak
So the new valve is on, no leakage.
Charles, I only just saw your post so didn't have the chance to take your advice. I got the car running in the garage without signs of major leaks, only a little sipage from the gasket but nothing major.
I took the car for a test around the estate. I had to ...