Search found 27 matches
- Tue Sep 29, 2026 9:44 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: GT spare wheel hold-down bolt thread
- Replies: 2
- Views: 38
Re: GT spare wheel hold-down bolt thread
Many thanks Neal
- Tue Sep 29, 2026 9:09 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: GT spare wheel hold-down bolt thread
- Replies: 2
- Views: 38
GT spare wheel hold-down bolt thread
Does anyone know the thread of the bolt that holds down the spare wheel in an MGB GT please. It is clearly not metric!
- Sat Jul 04, 2026 10:46 am
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: More powerful brake servo and / or master cylinder
- Replies: 1
- Views: 352
More powerful brake servo and / or master cylinder
I have a factory original 1976 MGB GT V8 which I use for track days. I am fitting Frontline brakes and wonder if there is a more powerful brake servo and / or master cylinder to help further improve the braking?
- Wed Nov 20, 2024 5:14 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Fitting Oil/Temp gauge in dashboard
- Replies: 2
- Views: 22715
Re: Fitting Oil/Temp gauge in dashboard
Hello Ian and many thanks - that gives me hope. Cheers Rene
- Wed Nov 20, 2024 7:37 am
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Fitting Oil/Temp gauge in dashboard
- Replies: 2
- Views: 22715
Fitting Oil/Temp gauge in dashboard
The oil/temp (combined) gauge needs replacing in my MGB GT and I have a new one from Rimmer. But how do I get the old one out and new one in please? There is not exactly a lot of space to get behind it in the dashboard. What's the trick please?
- Sun Sep 29, 2024 8:44 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: GT V8 3.5 head torque
- Replies: 4
- Views: 24388
GT V8 3.5 head torque
My MGB is a 1976 GT V8 factory original with the 3.5 litre engine. What are the head bolt torque settings please? The engine is absolutely standard and original.
- Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:49 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Wheels with standard bodywork
- Replies: 1
- Views: 13712
Wheels with standard bodywork
My 1976 factory original GT V8 is used for track days and currently has the original 14" wheels with 185/70R14 tyres.
I'm thinking of 15" wheels with 195/55R15 tyres or maybe better still...
16" wheels with 195/55R16 tyres.
However, I don't want to flair the wheel arches. Has anyone tried such ...
I'm thinking of 15" wheels with 195/55R15 tyres or maybe better still...
16" wheels with 195/55R16 tyres.
However, I don't want to flair the wheel arches. Has anyone tried such ...
- Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:47 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Coolant expansion tank problem
- Replies: 0
- Views: 123913
Coolant expansion tank problem
I have read the notes that say “It is essential you do not overfill the expansion tank. It should be between a quarter and a third full when cold. If it is too full then you can get syphonage from the radiator and then consequent overheating.”
So, I always check the expansion tank is between a ...
So, I always check the expansion tank is between a ...
- Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:18 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Fitting MGB GT Seats
- Replies: 15
- Views: 51641
Re: Fitting MGB GT Seats
Thanks everyone - comments have been helpful. The job is now done and fortunately I had the original taper bolts which do make life easier. Also, I used a countersink bit on a drill to gently open the carpet hairs so the hole is more visible and easier to get the taper bolt started.
I put the seat ...
I put the seat ...
- Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:14 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Fitting MGB GT Seats
- Replies: 15
- Views: 51641
Re: Fitting MGB GT Seats
Wow - many thanks for the tips and quick response all. I would never have thought of doing these things and will try them. Cheers