Search found 23 matches

by waltmgb
Mon Nov 11, 2024 12:49 am
Forum: MGB Technical
Topic: Brake master cylinder issue
Replies: 9
Views: 42543

Re: Brake master cylinder issue

Finally got the issue resolved. I missed the part in the manual that says to unscrew the PD switch 3 1/2 turns. The switch is mounted on the bottom of the master cylinder. Once that was unscrewed, the brakes bled normally and all is well. Never in the 50 years I've bled brake systems ( never an MGB ...
by waltmgb
Wed Oct 09, 2024 3:06 am
Forum: MGB Technical
Topic: Brake master cylinder issue
Replies: 9
Views: 42543

Re: Brake master cylinder issue

Short update. Sent new MC back as it seemed to have an internal issue, received another. Installing tomorrow. It is a dual circuit system with a booster. I'm not familiar with any shuttle valve. What is that? There is a switch mounted under the MC which appears to be some kind of pressure sensor ...
by waltmgb
Mon Sep 30, 2024 11:37 pm
Forum: MGB Technical
Topic: Brake master cylinder issue
Replies: 9
Views: 42543

Re: Brake master cylinder issue

Thank you both for your responses. I will get back to the brakes later this week and I will try your suggestions. Will let you know what happens.
by waltmgb
Fri Sep 27, 2024 7:49 pm
Forum: MGB Technical
Topic: Brake master cylinder issue
Replies: 9
Views: 42543

Brake master cylinder issue

Brake fluid leak traced to master cylinder. Replaced master cylinder and now cannot bleed all brakes. Left front seems to bleed ok. Right front will not get fluid even with vacuum. Rear don't seem to get fluid but have not pursued that yet. Also, with left front bleed screw open, pedal goes to floor ...
by waltmgb
Sun Aug 13, 2023 8:54 pm
Forum: MGB Technical
Topic: No hazard voltage
Replies: 15
Views: 109210

Re: No hazard voltage

The turn signal issue has been resolved. Bad switch. Right turn works intermittently while jiggling switch, left not at all. I will check behind the console to see if the fuse is there. As the picture somewhat shows there is no fuse below the starter relay. And all the fuses in the block are good ...
by waltmgb
Sat Aug 12, 2023 11:54 pm
Forum: MGB Technical
Topic: No hazard voltage
Replies: 15
Views: 109210

Re: No hazard voltage

I really appreciate your time and research, Vic, but your wiring diagram doesn't match the colors in my car. I'm using both "The Complete Official MGB 1975-1980" by Robert Bentley and the diagram(s) from Auto-Wire and they both match my wire colors and connections. If I did it right a picture of the ...
by waltmgb
Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:16 pm
Forum: MGB Technical
Topic: No hazard voltage
Replies: 15
Views: 109210

Re: No hazard voltage

That is vastly different from my wiring diagrams. Two brown wires come off the starter relay terminal C1. One to the starter solenoid and one to a fuse. Other side of fuse is brown wire directly to the hazard flasher. All wires from there are some combination of g/lg/w/r for both hazards and turn ...
by waltmgb
Fri Aug 11, 2023 11:00 pm
Forum: MGB Technical
Topic: No hazard voltage
Replies: 15
Views: 109210

Re: No hazard voltage

77 MGB, built 25 May 77.
by waltmgb
Fri Aug 11, 2023 7:28 pm
Forum: MGB Technical
Topic: No hazard voltage
Replies: 15
Views: 109210

No hazard voltage

Finishing up a rebuild where dash was removed/replaced but no new wiring done. Switched to LED signal bulbs and purchased the electronic flashers for signals and flasher. Neither now work. Wiring diagram shows brown wire from starter relay through fuse to hazard flasher. There is 12V at the brown ...
by waltmgb
Fri Aug 11, 2023 7:15 pm
Forum: MGB Technical
Topic: Hot coil
Replies: 6
Views: 37590

Re: Hot coil

Thank you all. I do have the correct ballast resistor and the coil gets hot after about 1/2 hour. I'll just disconnect it. That works. And I'll revisit this after fixing other electrical issues. Watch for those threads coming up.