Search found 55 matches
- Fri Sep 25, 2026 7:45 am
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: More powerful brake servo and / or master cylinder
- Replies: 1
- Views: 353
Re: More powerful brake servo and / or master cylinder
Have you already fitted the new brakes and are finding a problem ? I have frontline discs and calipers and find the braking fine...what is your issue?
- Fri Jul 03, 2026 1:19 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: There she blows
- Replies: 3
- Views: 628
Re: There she blows
Have you checked (removed & cleaned) the side cover? It has a kind of wire wool filter in it that can get gunked up..the wire wool corrodes too, so its a bit rubbish....
- Fri Nov 14, 2025 5:59 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Fog light
- Replies: 29
- Views: 416662
Re: Fog light
Hi sorry for a long pause in replying, I've been away for a while.
Yes Allan, it was meant for your good self.
I ask purely out of curiosity and perhaps some confusion. My fog light 'conversion' was using one of the two reverse lights. I understood that your fog light was a modification to the ...
Yes Allan, it was meant for your good self.
I ask purely out of curiosity and perhaps some confusion. My fog light 'conversion' was using one of the two reverse lights. I understood that your fog light was a modification to the ...
- Tue Oct 28, 2025 6:30 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Fog light
- Replies: 29
- Views: 416662
Re: Fog light
Do you have a picture?
- Fri Oct 17, 2025 6:03 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Fog light
- Replies: 29
- Views: 416662
Re: Fog light
If you fit a light to the reflector position, does that not do away with the reflector?
- Sat Sep 27, 2025 10:05 am
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Fog light
- Replies: 29
- Views: 416662
Re: Fog light
The fog is on the RH the reverse is on the LH
SCHEDULE 11
PART I
Requirements relating to obligatory rear fog lamps and to optional rear fog lamps to the extent specified in part ii
1. Number:
One
2. Position–
(a) Longitudinal:
At or near the rear of the vehicle
(b) Lateral–
(i)Where one rear ...
SCHEDULE 11
PART I
Requirements relating to obligatory rear fog lamps and to optional rear fog lamps to the extent specified in part ii
1. Number:
One
2. Position–
(a) Longitudinal:
At or near the rear of the vehicle
(b) Lateral–
(i)Where one rear ...
- Fri Sep 26, 2025 4:10 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Fog light
- Replies: 29
- Views: 416662
Re: Fog light
I got a Lucas fog light switch (Morris Marina HL) it's an identical fit in the centre console, it does need a mimic indicator, so you don't accidently leave it switched on...
- Fri Sep 26, 2025 12:48 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Fog light
- Replies: 29
- Views: 416662
Fog light
I was looking to add a fog light to the BGT, decided to modify one of the two reversing lights, I now have one white reversing light and one red fog light...
- Mon Aug 18, 2025 7:22 am
- Forum: MGB General
- Topic: Insurance to take MG on a track
- Replies: 7
- Views: 301537
Re: Insurance to take MG on a track
Have you spoken to your insurance or just looked at the policy? I ask as nearly all insurance does not cover for 'Track' use, as you say, but that usually refers to HPDE (High Performance Driving Events)...a gentle parade lap, is very safe and low risk, given the low speed and the environment, much ...
- Mon Jul 28, 2025 5:27 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Paint for gauges
- Replies: 4
- Views: 383407
Re: Paint for gauges
I found some aerosol, Plastikote matt magnolia just under £6, spray on a paint tray and touch up with a very very small brush, good results..