Search found 40 matches
- Thu Dec 04, 2025 7:07 am
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Steering wobble
- Replies: 6
- Views: 84448
Re: Steering wobble
Thanks for the advice. When I finally get a day at the weekend dry enough to sort it out then I will have a look. I know the place that changed the tyres balanced them on the centre hole. So I might call a few local garages to see if they can balance on the studs. They are Rostyles.
- Thu Nov 20, 2025 9:09 am
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Steering wobble
- Replies: 6
- Views: 84448
Re: Steering wobble
I didn't think of a tyre bulge. I'll have to check them. They're both only a few months old. I was wondering if it could be kingpin or something with the steering rack.
- Wed Nov 19, 2025 3:52 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Steering wobble
- Replies: 6
- Views: 84448
Steering wobble
My 77 B has developed a wobble when you get to just below 70. Like the one of the wheels needs balancing. But they're fine. It only happens in a straight line too. When I turn slightly it goes away. Any ideas?
- Fri Jul 11, 2025 8:03 am
- Forum: MGB General
- Topic: Some People
- Replies: 3
- Views: 275397
Re: Some People
It's very annoying. I've had people do it to me with bikes as well. Usually Facebook Marketplace. Although everyone wants something for free on there.
Another annoying thing is when you go to buy a car and the current owner, who clearly has looked after the car, can't be bothered to make sure it's ...
Another annoying thing is when you go to buy a car and the current owner, who clearly has looked after the car, can't be bothered to make sure it's ...
- Tue May 06, 2025 11:04 am
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Air bubbles in fuel filter
- Replies: 4
- Views: 174772
Re: Air bubbles in fuel filter
That fuel doesn't look great to me. Shouldn't it be a lot clearer than that?
- Mon Apr 28, 2025 7:26 am
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Ignition Electrical Issue
- Replies: 9
- Views: 192576
Re: Ignition Electrical Issue
Hey,
I can't see the photo's they need permissions to access. But is the damage before or after the main connector coming in under the dashboard? If its after and on the dash loom then £2500 is a lot for the replacement. I've had my B for just over 2 years now and ended up re-wiring the car myself ...
I can't see the photo's they need permissions to access. But is the damage before or after the main connector coming in under the dashboard? If its after and on the dash loom then £2500 is a lot for the replacement. I've had my B for just over 2 years now and ended up re-wiring the car myself ...
- Wed Apr 09, 2025 12:50 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Clutch fluid
- Replies: 8
- Views: 138217
Re: Clutch fluid
I have read that you can use DOT5.1 with either. Although based on my experience with DOT5.1 on MTB brakes I wouldn't risk it.
- Tue Apr 01, 2025 8:49 am
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Brake light switch
- Replies: 12
- Views: 148007
Re: Brake light switch
I've swapped to LED's on mine for this very reason. On the older filament lamps I've changed my brake switch twice in the last 12 months.
- Wed Mar 12, 2025 2:46 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Vac advance elbow
- Replies: 2
- Views: 52605
Re: Vac advance elbow
Bought a silicone hose off Amazon. It works perfectly 
- Wed Mar 05, 2025 11:14 am
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Parabolic Springs
- Replies: 7
- Views: 35623
Re: Parabolic Springs
It maybe a stupid question but are the definately roadster springs not GT ones? Friend of mine has parabolic springs in his roadster and they feel fine. I replaced the leaf springs on my other B last year but they were a lot firmer and I noticed I'd ordered some for a GT rather than a roadster.