Search found 28 matches
- Fri Jun 19, 2026 7:57 am
- Forum: MGB General
- Topic: MX5 into MGB GT engine swap
- Replies: 39
- Views: 136555
Re: MX5 into MGB GT engine swap
The MGC used a 5/8” clutch master cylinder, I fitted one to go with my RX8 gearbox. I would like to know why despite using the same gearbox (albeit slightly upgraded) MG chand both master and slave cylinders to smaller bores. This looks like an excellent conversion, personally I have no problem with ...
- Tue Mar 24, 2026 6:50 pm
- Forum: MGB General
- Topic: MGB Roadster budget restoration & conversion
- Replies: 25
- Views: 6785
Re: MGB Roadster budget restoration & conversion
I found what I was looking for, another home restoration with many repair panes fabricated with simple home made tools; https://www.mgexp.com/forum/mgb-and-gt- ... t.3513512/
- Mon Feb 09, 2026 4:57 pm
- Forum: MGB General
- Topic: MX5 into MGB GT engine swap
- Replies: 39
- Views: 136555
Re: MX5 engine swap
Keith Tanner of Flying Miata’s put MX5 front suspension on his MGB GT but his donor car was a Chevrolet Camaro.
https://www.britishv8.org/MG/KeithTanner-MGBGT.htm
It’s a good idea to keep the donor car for as long as possible, it’s surprising just how many little bits can still be retrieved.
https://www.britishv8.org/MG/KeithTanner-MGBGT.htm
It’s a good idea to keep the donor car for as long as possible, it’s surprising just how many little bits can still be retrieved.
- Thu Feb 05, 2026 7:22 pm
- Forum: MGB General
- Topic: MX5 into MGB GT engine swap
- Replies: 39
- Views: 136555
Re: MX5 engine swap
That's the way to do it, when I bought my S type I gat the engine for free after selling the unwanted S type parts for more than £700 more than I paid for the car. A new prop shaft is quite expensive but I was lucky in that my GT axle had a MGC flange on it, I have just acquired a Scimitar GTE prop ...
- Thu Feb 05, 2026 7:11 pm
- Forum: MGB General
- Topic: Replica Smiths gauges ?
- Replies: 3
- Views: 22531
Re: Replica Smiths gauges ?
Although I have no personal experience of the Indian gauges there have been numerous posts on the MG Ex over the time I have been on the forum. A number have posted that the lettering has not been to the same standard, none that I have read say they are appalling quality or that they didn't work or ...
- Wed Jan 28, 2026 5:17 pm
- Forum: MGB General
- Topic: MX5 into MGB GT engine swap
- Replies: 39
- Views: 136555
Re: MX5 engine swap
It makes a lot of sense to use the crossmember, initially I tried using the chassis rails but couldn't make it work and went the crossmember route using BMW E30 engine mounts. It's a common solution when fitting American V8's. make sure that the gearbox output is in the centre of the tunnel when you ...
- Mon Jan 26, 2026 9:06 am
- Forum: MGB General
- Topic: Colour coded wheels - yes or no
- Replies: 7
- Views: 42492
Re: Colour coded wheels - yes or no
Yes they are restomods but the only exterior difference to a standard GT on the first one is the ST front valance, the second only has a bonnet bulge, the blue one you couldn't see any body mods. The black one was strange, It took me ages to notice the door handles had gone, mine is without the ...
- Sun Jan 25, 2026 7:38 pm
- Forum: MGB General
- Topic: Colour coded wheels - yes or no
- Replies: 7
- Views: 42492
Re: Colour coded wheels - yes or no
Here is a yellow MGB with yellow alloys; https://www.britishv8.org/MG/JimStuart3.htm
and another; https://www.britishv8.org/MG/LeonardMarshall.htm
not body colour but painted; https://www.britishv8.org/MG/SteveKimball.htm
and a blue one; https://www.britishv8.org/MG/DennyDoyle.htm
and an oddity ...
and another; https://www.britishv8.org/MG/LeonardMarshall.htm
not body colour but painted; https://www.britishv8.org/MG/SteveKimball.htm
and a blue one; https://www.britishv8.org/MG/DennyDoyle.htm
and an oddity ...
- Fri Jan 02, 2026 7:30 pm
- Forum: MGB General
- Topic: MX5 into MGB GT engine swap
- Replies: 39
- Views: 136555
Re: MX5 engine swap
When Ruth and I went to OZ and NZ we used the Off Topic forum on the MG Ex to keep our friends and relatives updated, although none of them has recently owned a MGB they were able to follow us and be updated without us sending countless emails. We got quite a few comments from those in the USA as ...
- Mon Dec 29, 2025 6:03 pm
- Forum: MGB General
- Topic: MX5 into MGB GT engine swap
- Replies: 39
- Views: 136555
Re: MX5 engine swap
Chris, the simplest way to document this and at the same time help many others is to start a Project Journal on British V8, here is a link to mine;
https://www.britishv8.org/smf20/index.php/topic,75669.0.html The best part is that you can link the journal from this register and keep everyone updated ...
https://www.britishv8.org/smf20/index.php/topic,75669.0.html The best part is that you can link the journal from this register and keep everyone updated ...