Search found 5 matches
- Tue Mar 11, 2025 5:31 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Parabolic Springs
- Replies: 7
- Views: 35629
Re: Parabolic Springs
Definitely C/B parabolic springs for a roadster - never ever again, just ordered a set of leaf springs
- Wed Mar 05, 2025 11:20 am
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Parabolic Springs
- Replies: 7
- Views: 35629
Re: Parabolic Springs
I will go and check again, the part number on it corresponds to roadster springs.
Will report back later after a further check
Will report back later after a further check
- Wed Mar 05, 2025 10:05 am
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Parabolic Springs
- Replies: 7
- Views: 35629
Re: Parabolic Springs
Ian
Indeed, it was an experiment as I had noted comments that parabolic springs were better, so at the point of rebuild I thought I would try them. My V8 has leaf springs and Gaz dampers, set as you say, and it is great.
Back to leaf springs, failed experiment !
Indeed, it was an experiment as I had noted comments that parabolic springs were better, so at the point of rebuild I thought I would try them. My V8 has leaf springs and Gaz dampers, set as you say, and it is great.
Back to leaf springs, failed experiment !
- Tue Mar 04, 2025 3:57 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Parabolic Springs
- Replies: 7
- Views: 35629
Re: Parabolic Springs
Indeed they are the same type of springs and generally they are will thought of on MGB's.
However, for whatever reason, both the pair from Moss and the recent pair from MGOC are both extremely bouncy, to the point of being bounced out of my seat, and very jittery/bouncy when more damping is applied ...
However, for whatever reason, both the pair from Moss and the recent pair from MGOC are both extremely bouncy, to the point of being bounced out of my seat, and very jittery/bouncy when more damping is applied ...
- Fri Feb 28, 2025 11:16 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Parabolic Springs
- Replies: 7
- Views: 35629
Parabolic Springs
Rebuilt my 1973 roadster over the course of last year after purchase. New front and rear suspension included. The rear suspension fitted with parabolic springs and Gaz dampers. Very bouncy - low damping setting on Gaz dampers (3 to 5), very stiff and jittery when set higher ( 6-10 ). Really ...