Try changing the hose AND clutch slave cylinder... These are cheap to obtain and will, at least, remove 2 potentials for failure. Is it possible that it was a heat related issue? Changing the clutch plate, etc. is a * of a job as its an engine out job.
To bleed the clutch slave cylinder I disconnect ...
Search found 2 matches
- Fri Dec 19, 2025 9:50 pm
- Forum: MGB General
- Topic: Clutch
- Replies: 11
- Views: 289615
- Fri Dec 19, 2025 9:41 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Exhaust Front Pipe Seals -which way up?
- Replies: 5
- Views: 76510
Re: Exhaust Front Pipe Seals -which way up?
Can I recommend that you re-tighten the exhaust manifold bolts after about 500 miles?
I had to replace the exhaust manifold crush seals when we arrived at the European Event of The Year in Italy earlier this year - fortunately I was carrying them as spares anyway. About 1,800 miles (3 months) later ...
I had to replace the exhaust manifold crush seals when we arrived at the European Event of The Year in Italy earlier this year - fortunately I was carrying them as spares anyway. About 1,800 miles (3 months) later ...