Search found 7 matches
- Mon Jan 26, 2026 9:32 pm
- Forum: MGB General
- Topic: Colour coded wheels - yes or no
- Replies: 7
- Views: 42500
Re: Colour coded wheels - yes or no
Here is a yellow MGB with yellow alloys; https://www.britishv8.org/MG/JimStuart3.htm
and another; https://www.britishv8.org/MG/LeonardMarshall.htm
not body colour but painted; https://www.britishv8.org/MG/SteveKimball.htm
and a blue one; https://www.britishv8.org/MG/DennyDoyle.htm
and an oddity ...
- Sun Jan 25, 2026 6:00 pm
- Forum: MGB General
- Topic: Colour coded wheels - yes or no
- Replies: 7
- Views: 42500
Re: Colour coded wheels - yes or no
Thanks for the reply.
I really like the look of vintage cars with painted wire wheels and, I hadn't thought about this before, my WW2 motorbike is army drab all over but appreciate this is a mile away from MGB aesthetics.
Its very hard to find any pictures of MGBs with wheels that are not chrome ...
I really like the look of vintage cars with painted wire wheels and, I hadn't thought about this before, my WW2 motorbike is army drab all over but appreciate this is a mile away from MGB aesthetics.
Its very hard to find any pictures of MGBs with wheels that are not chrome ...
- Thu Jan 22, 2026 6:08 pm
- Forum: MGB General
- Topic: Colour coded wheels - yes or no
- Replies: 7
- Views: 42500
Colour coded wheels - yes or no
My Citron MGB GT is essentially a heap that I'm getting back on the road - note, not restoring.
The paint on the Minator alloys that came with it was awful so I'm rubbing them down and have got as far as putting some first layers of primer and filler spray on. The filler is a shade of yellow that ...
The paint on the Minator alloys that came with it was awful so I'm rubbing them down and have got as far as putting some first layers of primer and filler spray on. The filler is a shade of yellow that ...
- Fri Jan 02, 2026 3:15 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: 4 digit engine numbers
- Replies: 11
- Views: 93830
Re: 4 digit engine numbers
Thanks
That looks good
That looks good
Ian F wrote: Thu Jan 01, 2026 10:50 am https://www.minisport.com/lmg1053s-a-se ... umber.html
You should be able to get an authentic replacement plate from these people.
Ian F
- Thu Jan 01, 2026 10:57 am
- Forum: MGB General
- Topic: Anuone got LHX144K ?
- Replies: 0
- Views: 51672
Anuone got LHX144K ?
I've just been reading an old copy of Enjoying MG and read a letter from the then owner of LHX144K. It sounded well used :¬)
Just out of curiosity I popped the reg into the DVLA site and was suprised to see its still about.
If anyone on here has got it I can send them details.
Would be a fun ...
Just out of curiosity I popped the reg into the DVLA site and was suprised to see its still about.
If anyone on here has got it I can send them details.
Would be a fun ...
- Thu Jan 01, 2026 10:36 am
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: 4 digit engine numbers
- Replies: 11
- Views: 93830
Re: 4 digit engine numbers
Happy New Year
Sadly no tag on the engine. I'd like to add one but want to try to confirm if the 4 digit number recorded on the V5 is actually correct or not first.
There is a good engineering company in Didcot that would probably do the stamping. I cant find a supplier for them online.
From what ...
Sadly no tag on the engine. I'd like to add one but want to try to confirm if the 4 digit number recorded on the V5 is actually correct or not first.
There is a good engineering company in Didcot that would probably do the stamping. I cant find a supplier for them online.
From what ...
- Wed Dec 31, 2025 5:10 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: 4 digit engine numbers
- Replies: 11
- Views: 93830
4 digit engine numbers
Hi All
I've got a 1974 MGB GT that I'm trying to get back on the road. It came to me with no history (and a lot of rust) having been off the road for 20+ years. Its got a few of the usual upgrades but without any paperwork I don't know much about the engine.
Chief mystery is that on the V5 the ...
I've got a 1974 MGB GT that I'm trying to get back on the road. It came to me with no history (and a lot of rust) having been off the road for 20+ years. Its got a few of the usual upgrades but without any paperwork I don't know much about the engine.
Chief mystery is that on the V5 the ...