I must admit to a little Googling here, its been a long time since my Fluid Dynamics course at university!
The regulator is three parts; A pressure reduction element, a sensing element and a reference force. When activated the reference force opens the portion of the regulator containing the ...
Search found 33 matches
- Tue Dec 31, 2024 8:37 am
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: A Christmas puzzle
- Replies: 2
- Views: 14214
- Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:52 pm
- Forum: MGB General
- Topic: Horn Goes Off when right turn.
- Replies: 7
- Views: 41572
Re: Horn Goes Off when right turn.
There is a ring on the back of the steering wheel boss and a small contact behind it, when you press the horn it closes the circuit between these two and sets the horns off. If you are getting this on a particular turn of the wheel then it is likely something is shorting behind. I realise I'm a ...
- Mon May 15, 2023 1:22 pm
- Forum: MGBs in Competition
- Topic: Tow eye for track days
- Replies: 4
- Views: 164859
Re: Tow eye for track days
The eyes were removed on slightly later cars. My 76 1800 doesn't have them and from the other posts by the OP his is the same year model as mine - albeit a V8 version.
They were hold down anchors for transportation and as such are located further into the chassis than a towing eye would be. If ...
They were hold down anchors for transportation and as such are located further into the chassis than a towing eye would be. If ...
- Fri May 12, 2023 1:01 pm
- Forum: MGBs in Competition
- Topic: Tow eye for track days
- Replies: 4
- Views: 164859
Re: Tow eye for track days
I'm not aware of an off the shelf item which you could just bolt on. I've looked around the internet in the past for my car and I've struggled to find any pictures under the cars with them fitted which show exactly where they are attached. I'm not at the stage of needing one yet and there is some ...
- Thu Mar 02, 2023 12:48 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Gear lever knob
- Replies: 6
- Views: 32234
Re: Gear lever knob
Mine is a 1976 and there is a thread on the gear lever. Do you still have the plastic centre console in place? And does it still have the leather gaiter covering the lever? The amount of gear lever extending above the centre console isn't very long anyway with a nice short throw so I'm not really ...
- Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:19 am
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Radiator efficiency
- Replies: 17
- Views: 49097
Re: Radiator efficiency
It seems a bit strange. I can't really think why a radiator won't work, I've had old ones break down and become less efficient over tiem, it happened in our venerable old Peugeot a few years ago. We have flushed it with a hose pipe and the water runs through without seeming to be blocked.
The block ...
The block ...
- Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:24 am
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Radiator efficiency
- Replies: 17
- Views: 49097
Re: Radiator efficiency
It's the radiator. Further testing this weekend consisted of an hour drive on mixed country roads and dual carriageway. Having sorted the timing and re-tuned the carburettors we took it for a drive. As before it ran hot on the dual carriageway but could cope although at an elevated temperature on ...
- Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:48 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Radiator efficiency
- Replies: 17
- Views: 49097
Re: Radiator efficiency
I'm not ignoring you all but I haven't got near the car since MGB60 so I'll have a play this weekend and see how I get on. Thanks for all your input so far. I didn't know there was a block drain near the distributor. I'll start there.
- Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:11 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Radiator efficiency
- Replies: 17
- Views: 49097
Radiator efficiency
I've been having temperature issues on the B for a number of years. Running at motorway speed for any length of time has the temperature gauge rising until the point I'm no longer keen to let it go any further and I back off. The car hasn't been used much in the last three years as we carried out a ...
- Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:15 am
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Switching from Kenlowe to traditional fan
- Replies: 11
- Views: 23942
Re: Switching from Kenlowe to traditional fan
The small piece of silicone rubber is a standard Kenlowe part which would have come with the kit. You can buy a replacement from Holden Classic. It is designed to act as a seal for the thermostat bulb to enter the top hose. It appears in your case it’s not doing the intended job.
https://www ...
https://www ...