Thank you all. It appears that the vendor was correct in telling me that it was ok to use unleaded.
Donald
Search found 25 matches
- Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:32 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Petrol additives
- Replies: 6
- Views: 11780
- Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:08 am
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Petrol additives
- Replies: 6
- Views: 11780
Re: Petrol additives
Thanks Peter. The conversion was in 1990 so the engine was probably older than that. I think that I will continue using an additive although the previous owner said it did not need one.
Donald
Donald
- Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:30 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Petrol additives
- Replies: 6
- Views: 11780
Petrol additives
I Have an MGB V8 conversion. It had a Rover SD1 engine, number 10A20783, fitted in 1990.
Will this run on unleaded or do I need an additive?
Donald Carmichael
Will this run on unleaded or do I need an additive?
Donald Carmichael
- Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:29 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Headlights
- Replies: 3
- Views: 9308
Re: Headlights
Thanks for these replies.
When the garage gets a bit warmer after this cold snap I will revisit this.
Donald
When the garage gets a bit warmer after this cold snap I will revisit this.
Donald
- Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:06 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Headlights
- Replies: 3
- Views: 9308
Headlights
The off side headlight on my '73 GT does not work. The lamp and the near side one are ok. Any suggestions?
Donald Carmichael
Donald Carmichael
- Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:29 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Fuel Gauge
- Replies: 13
- Views: 27655
Re: Fuel Gauge
If anyone else has the same problem I have come up with a relatively inexpensive solution. I have made a stainless steel adapter and slightly modified the Smiths sender enabling the Smiths sender to be fitted to the Jaeger mount on the tank. It works with no fuel leak. If anyone wants details I am ...
- Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:26 pm
- Forum: MGB General
- Topic: MoT Problems
- Replies: 6
- Views: 11944
Re: MoT Problems
I sent my recently acquired BGT V8 for its MOT last month. The testing station pointed out that the old certificate had the car as an MGF. I e-mailed VDSA with a copy of the V5C and they amended their records.
- Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:47 am
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Fuel Gauge
- Replies: 13
- Views: 27655
Re: Fuel Gauge
Have not made a decision yet. 4 possibilities. Change tank and sender, change fuel gauge, keep hunting for the correct sender or just live with it.
- Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:43 pm
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Fuel Gauge
- Replies: 13
- Views: 27655
Re: Fuel Gauge
It is not a polarity problem. The problem is that a Jaeger sender is not compatible with a Smiths gauge.
- Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:25 am
- Forum: MGB Technical
- Topic: Fuel Gauge
- Replies: 13
- Views: 27655
Re: Fuel Gauge
Hi Adrian, the original brackets securing the straps were cut off to accommodate the new tank. I replaced these then fitted the original type of tank using new straps.
Donald.
Donald.