BGT seat height

Technical MGB discussion
Not_Anumber
Posts: 414
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:33 am
Forename: Chris
Surname: S
Location: UK

Re: BGT seat height

Post by Not_Anumber »

Bumpa wrote: Thu Oct 16, 2025 10:07 am Excuse what may be a daft question, but is it possible to alter the height of the steering wheel? The way it is set up as standard, any deviation from the normal position will put the upper column out of line with the lower column. Or am I wrong?
This would be very limited with the collapsible column in the standard RB setup due to the huge bracket..all you could do really would be to drop the height by using spacers.
1979 MGB GT
1999 Jaguar XKR
2003 MG TF
MGB281
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue May 14, 2024 4:28 pm
Forename: Philip
Surname: Waterman

Re: BGT seat height

Post by MGB281 »

I overlooked replying about the alignment issues, I had to lower the firewall mounting bearing by about an inch to accommodate the Jaguar V6 engine. To ensure it all turns smoothly I now have a UJ near the steering rack and have the two (one each end) on the telescopic part of the MGTF column. Although not yet on the road the steering can be turned lock to lock with just one finger when the wheels are off the ground, definitely no binding issues.
Post Reply