My B has developed a leak on the fuel hose adjacent to the filter. For some reason it's the only one that wasn't upgraded and presumably has degraded due to ethanol.
I'm looking to replace it to allow me to get out and about this sunny weekend but am currently at the other end of the country and can't remember the hose diameter to pick one up local to where I am.
A quick Google hasn't helped, so I wondered if any forum members can help me out?
Many thanks in hopeful anticipation...
Fuel Hose
- Ruabon Red
- Posts: 41
- Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:30 pm
- Forename: David
- Surname: Hughes
- Location: Wrexham
- Remyd
- Posts: 138
- Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:54 pm
- Forename: Remy
- Surname: Dubois
- MGCC Member: Yes
- MGOC Member: Yes
- Location: Buckingham
Re: Fuel Hose
Good afternoon,
I did a quick search too, the recommended diameter is 5/16 of an inch or 8mm.
I might have a spare used one. I'll have to go hunting in the garage and check though.
Remy
I did a quick search too, the recommended diameter is 5/16 of an inch or 8mm.
I might have a spare used one. I'll have to go hunting in the garage and check though.
Remy
Remy Dubois
1971 MGB GT
1971 MGB GT
- Ruabon Red
- Posts: 41
- Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:30 pm
- Forename: David
- Surname: Hughes
- Location: Wrexham
Re: Fuel Hose
Thanks Remy,
I similarly Googled and eventually came up with 8mm or 5/16".
Purchased and fitted but too loose, or not tight enough that I would be confident in it not coming loose and spraying a hot engine bay with fuel.
I've ordered a 5mm and 6mm, hopefully one of them wil do the job - probably the 6mm I think.
I similarly Googled and eventually came up with 8mm or 5/16".
Purchased and fitted but too loose, or not tight enough that I would be confident in it not coming loose and spraying a hot engine bay with fuel.
I've ordered a 5mm and 6mm, hopefully one of them wil do the job - probably the 6mm I think.
- Remyd
- Posts: 138
- Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:54 pm
- Forename: Remy
- Surname: Dubois
- MGCC Member: Yes
- MGOC Member: Yes
- Location: Buckingham
Re: Fuel Hose
OK,
I've got 8mm on mine, they fit well but then I have got a Weber 45 carburetor so the intake might be slightly larger.
Such an easy jobs that takes longer than it should as always!
I've got 8mm on mine, they fit well but then I have got a Weber 45 carburetor so the intake might be slightly larger.
Such an easy jobs that takes longer than it should as always!
Remy Dubois
1971 MGB GT
1971 MGB GT