Carburetor Hose

Technical MGB discussion
Post Reply
User avatar
Remyd
Posts: 138
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:54 pm
Forename: Remy
Surname: Dubois
MGCC Member: Yes
MGOC Member: Yes
Location: Buckingham

Carburetor Hose

Post by Remyd »

Hi,
I'm restoring twin SU HS4 carbs to fit in my 1971 MGB GT to replace the Weber 45 that is currently in.
I still got a few parts to get including the fuel pipes and hoses. I know that I will need fuel pipes and T piece set but I am not sure of which hose to get and where to put them from the carb.
My carbs have got an fuel inlet pipe on the float bowl lid and another one going out near the dashpot. Obviously, the fuel pipe will go to the float but where do the hose from the other pipe go to?
if anyone could explain or send pictures of their set up, that would be very helpful!
Pictures of the carbs and the current setting i've got in the engine bay with the Weber.
20251213_135302.jpg
135757354_839071676913095_2420605295946049868_n.jpg
Remy Dubois
1971 MGB GT
User avatar
Steven collins
Posts: 148
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:20 am
Forename: Steve
Surname: C
MGCC Member: Yes
MGOC Member: Yes
Location: North Essex

Re: Carburetor Hose

Post by Steven collins »

Fuel in one on left, the other one on the right is the overspill in case the floats get stuck this attaches to the side of the engine would you believe. Small piece of fuel hose that connects to the metal pipe.
H.T.H
Steve.
IMG_3141.jpeg
User avatar
Bumpa
Posts: 298
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:58 am
Forename: Mike
Surname: Howlett
MGCC Member: Yes

Re: Carburetor Hose

Post by Bumpa »

Sorry, I don't think that Steve is right. The extra hose connections by the dashpots is for the crankcase breather system. Have a look at the pictures on Paul Hunt's site mgb-stuff.org.uk
https://www.mgb-stuff.org.uk/suports.htm

The overflow pipes Steve refers to are normally on the top of the float chambers as in Paul's photos. I don't know where they are on the carbs in your photo.
Mike
1969 MGB GTV8 3.9 Conversion. Many classics have passed through my hands but the faithful BGT V8 is the last man standing.
User avatar
Bumpa
Posts: 298
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:58 am
Forename: Mike
Surname: Howlett
MGCC Member: Yes

Re: Carburetor Hose

Post by Bumpa »

On my 1971 car the set up is like this.
027.JPG
Mike
1969 MGB GTV8 3.9 Conversion. Many classics have passed through my hands but the faithful BGT V8 is the last man standing.
User avatar
Steven collins
Posts: 148
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:20 am
Forename: Steve
Surname: C
MGCC Member: Yes
MGOC Member: Yes
Location: North Essex

Re: Carburetor Hose

Post by Steven collins »

Oopps, I stand corrected I read the message wrong I was indeed talking about the float connectivity and not the crankcase breather 🤦
I will get my coat……
Post Reply