Just found this forum and thought I'd say hi.
I have a 67 roadster In red, it's been in the family since 69 so quite well known
We had it fully restored in 2000 and is as clean now as it was when restored
Newbie
-
James covey
- Posts: 15
- Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:51 pm
- Forename: James
- Surname: Covey
- MGCC Member: Yes
Newbie
- Attachments
-
- image.jpeg (2.5 MiB) Viewed 17761 times
- John Watson
- Posts: 277
- Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:14 pm
- Forename: John
- Surname: Waton
- MGCC Member: Yes
- MGOC Member: Yes
- Location: Abingdon on Thames UK
Re: Newbie
Welcome James. Nice looking MGB.
John Watson
1964 MGB Roadster Mk1
2018 MG ZS Exclusive 1ltr Auto
1964 MGB Roadster Mk1
2018 MG ZS Exclusive 1ltr Auto
-
Neil Wyman
- Posts: 17
- Joined: Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:08 pm
- Forename: Neil
- Surname: Wyman
- Location: Forest Of Dean. Gloucestershire.
Re: Newbie
Lovely looking car you have there .
-
James covey
- Posts: 15
- Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:51 pm
- Forename: James
- Surname: Covey
- MGCC Member: Yes
Re: Newbie
Well it's taken time but she's back on the road after having a new unleaded head conversion, service and mot.
Renewed ins and taxed.
Just need to get a agreed valuation sorted. ''Tis is where I'm unsure, it's always been £10k but is that about right in current market?
Fully documented car since 1969 as my late farther brought it then, original interior, doors and outer wings replaced at restoration, all original underneath without a spot of corrosion as was waxoiled at new.
76k on the clock
No synchro on 1st/4speed no o/d
Perfect condition
Renewed ins and taxed.
Just need to get a agreed valuation sorted. ''Tis is where I'm unsure, it's always been £10k but is that about right in current market?
Fully documented car since 1969 as my late farther brought it then, original interior, doors and outer wings replaced at restoration, all original underneath without a spot of corrosion as was waxoiled at new.
76k on the clock
No synchro on 1st/4speed no o/d
Perfect condition
- Peter Cresswell
- Posts: 763
- Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:05 am
- Forename: Pete
- Surname: Cresswell
- MGCC Member: Yes
- Location: Stone, Staffordshire
Re: Newbie
Hi James
For a valuation, you could try this online tool from Hagerty:
https://www.hagertyinsurance.co.uk/clas ... Our-Prices
Read about it first to understand how they have arrived at their valuations, then launch then launch the valuation tool at the bottom.
You will have to make a judgement on condition and may well have to settle for an 'in between' value if your car doesn't fulfil all the criteria they use for their 4 categories, and then adjust a little for the spec of your car.
You can read much more about Agreed Values in this in this article from Heritage Insurance and they have agreed that I can pass it on.
[attachment=0]What-Is-Agreed-Value-Heritage-Classic-Car-Insurance-v2-20151026.pdf[/attachment]
For a valuation, you could try this online tool from Hagerty:
https://www.hagertyinsurance.co.uk/clas ... Our-Prices
Read about it first to understand how they have arrived at their valuations, then launch then launch the valuation tool at the bottom.
You will have to make a judgement on condition and may well have to settle for an 'in between' value if your car doesn't fulfil all the criteria they use for their 4 categories, and then adjust a little for the spec of your car.
You can read much more about Agreed Values in this in this article from Heritage Insurance and they have agreed that I can pass it on.
[attachment=0]What-Is-Agreed-Value-Heritage-Classic-Car-Insurance-v2-20151026.pdf[/attachment]
- Attachments
-
- What-Is-Agreed-Value-Heritage-Classic-Car-Insurance-v2-20151026.pdf
- (662.14 KiB) Downloaded 944 times
Pete
1969 MGB Roadster
2024 MG 3 Hybrid+
40 cars since 1965
including 14 MGs in total
1969 MGB Roadster
2024 MG 3 Hybrid+
40 cars since 1965
including 14 MGs in total
-
James covey
- Posts: 15
- Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:51 pm
- Forename: James
- Surname: Covey
- MGCC Member: Yes
Re: Newbie
Thanks Peter,very helpfull and some interesting reading/points in there.
Recon I'll leave the valuation at 10k until I've got to some meetings to see how it compares, my sentimental feelings to the car may cloud what it's realistic value is. I'd like to think 12k ish but time will tell
Recon I'll leave the valuation at 10k until I've got to some meetings to see how it compares, my sentimental feelings to the car may cloud what it's realistic value is. I'd like to think 12k ish but time will tell
-
Ian McKay
- Posts: 37
- Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:08 am
- Forename: Ian
- Surname: McKay
- MGCC Member: Yes
- Location: East London, Near Tower Bridge
Re: Newbie
Hello James.
Welcome. A very pretty looking B you have there.
Regarding agreed value insurance....can I tell you my story?
I had my '72 B professionally restored recently...a ground up rebuild by an expert workshop.
I am a member of the MGCC, but was not completely satisfied I was getting the correct insurance cover.
The opportunity arose recently for a formal valuation appraisal by the MGCC. I was asked what sort of agreed value I was looking for.
When I ventured £25,000 it was suggested that I might be undervaluing the car....!
Anyway, I referred the matter to my broker, who is the MGCC preferred insurance broker...and within three days, I had the agreed value policy I was after, with no increase in premium....All I had to do was get the MGCC to appraise the car, and submit half a dozen photographs of the car, which were stamped and certified by the broker, and then returned to me as part of the policy document.
Happy days!
Welcome. A very pretty looking B you have there.
Regarding agreed value insurance....can I tell you my story?
I had my '72 B professionally restored recently...a ground up rebuild by an expert workshop.
I am a member of the MGCC, but was not completely satisfied I was getting the correct insurance cover.
The opportunity arose recently for a formal valuation appraisal by the MGCC. I was asked what sort of agreed value I was looking for.
When I ventured £25,000 it was suggested that I might be undervaluing the car....!
Anyway, I referred the matter to my broker, who is the MGCC preferred insurance broker...and within three days, I had the agreed value policy I was after, with no increase in premium....All I had to do was get the MGCC to appraise the car, and submit half a dozen photographs of the car, which were stamped and certified by the broker, and then returned to me as part of the policy document.
Happy days!
Ian McKay
Australian assembled 1972 MGB Roadster.
Australian assembled 1972 MGB Roadster.