Soundproofing and quarter light draft

Technical MGB discussion
Post Reply
Stephen Aitken
Posts: 62
Joined: Tue May 01, 2018 7:20 pm
Forename: Stephen
Surname: Aitken

Soundproofing and quarter light draft

Post by Stephen Aitken »

Has anyone sound proofed the interior? I’m going to relay new carpets and wonder if it really is worth putting some underlay down. Also have quite a draft coming from the drivers quarter window - I just can’t see any obvious gaps. I’m assuming the rubber may have perished somewhere but too be honest looks ok - anyone had anything similar?
Thanks
S
MGB GT LE 1980
David M B Leggeat
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:54 am
Forename: David
Surname: Leggeat
MGCC Member: Yes
Location: Fylde, Lancashire

Re: Soundproofing and quarter light draft

Post by David M B Leggeat »

I have fitted additional felt underlay / accoustic layer in the past and didn't find it made much improvement to noise insulation.
I use house carpet rubber underlay in the footwells of my C GT.
There are specially designed rubber / polyurethane accoustic layers available now; Dynamat is one example.
MirrorTrim, who have advertised in 'Safety Fast' stock, I think, another brand.
Regards,
David.
MGB Roadster 1972
MGC GT 1968
Post Reply