Batteries

Technical MGB discussion
Dave Linkson
Posts: 83
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:08 am
Forename: Dave
Surname: Linkson
MGCC Member: Yes

Re: Batteries

Post by Dave Linkson »

I have an 063 in my 72 CB, fitted by PO in 2011, looks to be a very tight fit in the tray, will check next time soon when I have the lid off, to see if the battery's been modified by cutting off the bottom clamp lips
Graham Dix
Posts: 51
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:54 am
Forename: Graham
Surname: Dix
Location: Abingdon, Oxfordshire

Re: Batteries

Post by Graham Dix »

I have recently had fitted the twin 12 volt conversion offered by Manor Garage at Wantage, as advertised in Safety Fast. This has transformed the starting characteristics of my 1967 MGB and has offered me a new confidence in the car's reliability when hot or cold starting. I am aware that others find a single 12v battery sufficient and I am sure that it is the case but if you want that extra confidence this setup wins. Richard at Manor Garage informs me that he has now fitted over 200 twin 12v battery conversions.
Post Reply