The car went to Gaydon and back this weekend which resulted in me driving almost the entire length of the A14 at 50mph yesterday evening which was not fun but hello to everyone their B's who waved as they passed us at 70
Having been through the entire cooling system I am becoming more convinced the radiator is simply not capable, on B roads, sitting in traffic and driving in town the car has no issues. Early in the morning where the air temp is cool it's also fine, it's just at any kind of sustained speed at warmer ambient temps it suffers. The rad was new 6 or 7 years ago and it really hasn't done many miles. It came from a reputable parts supplier (who also run an MG club for their owners).
I know the timing is a little advanced which will introduce some heat and I'll get that sorted and test it again before I do anything drastic but I would think it should still be able to cope.
Is there a way of testing it and proving the rad is low on efficiency before I try an alternative?