MGB factory supplied tool kit?

General MGB discussion
Post Reply
[email protected]
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:01 pm
Forename: Tim
Surname: Worne
MGCC Member: Yes

MGB factory supplied tool kit?

Post by [email protected] »

Hi,

can anyone please advise on what OEM tool kit the factory provided? I have a late 1969 MGB roadster.

Many thanks

Tim
User avatar
Paul Scott
Posts: 381
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:48 pm
Forename: Paul
Surname: Scott
MGCC Member: Yes
Location: Milton Keynes

Re: MGB factory supplied tool kit?

Post by Paul Scott »

Apologies Tim,
I was on Holiday when you first posted and did not see the post for approval.
I have now approved and everyone can see it . Hopefully your answer will arrive, maybe a little later than expected.

Regards
Webmaster
Paul Scott
1975 MGB Roadster
Webguru for MGB Register
Ian F
Posts: 1085
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:18 am
Forename: Ian
Surname: F
MGCC Member: Yes

Re: MGB factory supplied tool kit?

Post by Ian F »

I bought my 1972 BGT in 1978, so not brand new, but all I got was a side jack with handle and a wheel brace. Not sure there was ever anything more offered from the factory.

Ian F
MGCC member
1972 BGT, Blaze, Navy trim, recessed grill
1961 Midget, 948cc, now sold
Not_Anumber
Posts: 414
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:33 am
Forename: Chris
Surname: S
Location: UK

Re: MGB factory supplied tool kit?

Post by Not_Anumber »

That was all that came with my 1979 BGT as passed on by its single previous owner so I suspect that was standard. I always wondered if there was a more advanced optional tool kit available.
1979 MGB GT
1999 Jaguar XKR
2003 MG TF
BarryD
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2024 8:07 am
Forename: Barry
Surname: D
MGCC Member: Yes

Re: MGB factory supplied tool kit?

Post by BarryD »

Late to the party (as usual), but I’ve an MG stamped tool roll in the boot of mine, with spanners, feeler gauges, screwdrivers and even a basic light bulb circuit tester. It’s pretty neat. I’ve a suspicion it’s comes from one of the clubs.
BarryD
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2024 8:07 am
Forename: Barry
Surname: D
MGCC Member: Yes

Re: MGB factory supplied tool kit?

Post by BarryD »

B8892B4A-3C68-4257-92F3-180D37DEE7DE.jpeg
Post Reply