Hello! Waves laconically from the fence. I’ve just returned to the classic MG fold, after quite a few years with “modern” classics (mainly Mercedes), however my last was an Opel Manta hatchback which turned into an absolute money pit and appears to be unsaleable, even though it is now very good. Still, I am a fool and easily separated from my money.
Hence, the return to MGs, with the thought to buy a good looking, simple-ish, high parts availability ragtop with good forum support and clubs. I’m not even a hobby mechanic, so admire those who take on bodywork restorations and swap out gearboxes gaily before lunch! But I grew up with alternate Sunday morning oil and water checks on the cars so am not a total loss

. We’ve also ran older EVs for the last five years, they make the most perfect second /shopping car.
It had to be a rubber bumper variant for me.