I want to sell off some parts i have gathering dust including a late steering column and wheel and potentially an engine and od gearbox.
No disrespect to the forum but I strongly suspect just putting them up for sale on here will only achieve quite limited coverage. Where do the rest of you sell any spare bits you have, through one of the MG member club sites , a general car forum such as Retro Rides or Pistonheads or simply on Ebay ?
where to sell spare MGB parts ?
-
Not_Anumber
- Posts: 414
- Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:33 am
- Forename: Chris
- Surname: S
- Location: UK
where to sell spare MGB parts ?
1979 MGB GT
1999 Jaguar XKR
2003 MG TF
1999 Jaguar XKR
2003 MG TF
Re: where to sell spare MGB parts ?
I never sell my original Abingdon parts, which explains why my garage shelves are full of decrepit items from my 46 years of MG ownership.
I will pass on stuff to help fellow MG owners out of course, and usually pass on most modern repro parts to the metal recycling skip.
Ian F
I will pass on stuff to help fellow MG owners out of course, and usually pass on most modern repro parts to the metal recycling skip.
Ian F
MGCC member
1972 BGT, Blaze, Navy trim, recessed grill
1961 Midget, 948cc, now sold
1972 BGT, Blaze, Navy trim, recessed grill
1961 Midget, 948cc, now sold
-
Not_Anumber
- Posts: 414
- Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:33 am
- Forename: Chris
- Surname: S
- Location: UK
Re: where to sell spare MGB parts ?
I do keep wondering from time to time if there is another, more frequented UK based MGB forum everyone knows about except me.
1979 MGB GT
1999 Jaguar XKR
2003 MG TF
1999 Jaguar XKR
2003 MG TF
Re: where to sell spare MGB parts ?
No other active UK forum that I frequent, but I have sold some Midget stuff to someone in the USA via MG experience forum. Some, or most, USA cars are so restricted there seems to be a market for UK parts. Carriage is obviously a major problem.
I will post a couple of references when I leave this thread to have a look
Ian F
I will post a couple of references when I leave this thread to have a look
Ian F
MGCC member
1972 BGT, Blaze, Navy trim, recessed grill
1961 Midget, 948cc, now sold
1972 BGT, Blaze, Navy trim, recessed grill
1961 Midget, 948cc, now sold
Re: where to sell spare MGB parts ?
"MG Enthusiasts - home of the MG BBS" https://www.mg-cars.org.uk
Not a very active site, but I look occasionally
Not a very active site, but I look occasionally
MGCC member
1972 BGT, Blaze, Navy trim, recessed grill
1961 Midget, 948cc, now sold
1972 BGT, Blaze, Navy trim, recessed grill
1961 Midget, 948cc, now sold
Re: where to sell spare MGB parts ?
You probably know this one:
"MGB & GT Forum : The MG Experience" https://www.mgexp.com/forum/mgb-and-gt-forum.1/
"MGB & GT Forum : The MG Experience" https://www.mgexp.com/forum/mgb-and-gt-forum.1/
MGCC member
1972 BGT, Blaze, Navy trim, recessed grill
1961 Midget, 948cc, now sold
1972 BGT, Blaze, Navy trim, recessed grill
1961 Midget, 948cc, now sold
-
Not_Anumber
- Posts: 414
- Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:33 am
- Forename: Chris
- Surname: S
- Location: UK
-
Ray Masters
- Posts: 24
- Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:22 am
- Forename: Ray
- Surname: Masters
- MGCC Member: Yes
- Location: Stockport
Re: where to sell spare MGB parts ?
If you are a member of the MG Car Club then “ Safety Fast “ magazine is an obvious choice . Good luck.
-
Not_Anumber
- Posts: 414
- Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:33 am
- Forename: Chris
- Surname: S
- Location: UK
Re: where to sell spare MGB parts ?
The steering column and steering wheel sold straight away on Ebay
1979 MGB GT
1999 Jaguar XKR
2003 MG TF
1999 Jaguar XKR
2003 MG TF