Forum access issues
Forum access issues
Apologies, but another problem I have encountered.
When attempting to access the forum I am directed to a page which asks me to accept cookies. After agreeing I get directed to another page offering car related services.
This may happen several times in succession until I get access to the forum.
Anyone else with similar issues?
Ian F
When attempting to access the forum I am directed to a page which asks me to accept cookies. After agreeing I get directed to another page offering car related services.
This may happen several times in succession until I get access to the forum.
Anyone else with similar issues?
Ian F
MGCC member
1972 BGT, Blaze, Navy trim, recessed grill
1961 Midget, 948cc, now sold
1972 BGT, Blaze, Navy trim, recessed grill
1961 Midget, 948cc, now sold
- Paul Scott
- Posts: 381
- Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:48 pm
- Forename: Paul
- Surname: Scott
- MGCC Member: Yes
- Location: Milton Keynes
Re: Forum access issues
I am working on the issue Ian.
Not quite sure where the issue is but I'm trying to find it and cure it.
I think I fixed it then it reappears which is very annoying.
Have you had it happen today?
Regards
Paul
Not quite sure where the issue is but I'm trying to find it and cure it.
I think I fixed it then it reappears which is very annoying.
Have you had it happen today?
Regards
Paul
1975 MGB Roadster
Webguru for MGB Register
Webguru for MGB Register
Re: Forum access issues
Yes, three times before I posted here.
It all has the green forum colours, so could it be some inadvertent link to another club web page?
Ian F
It all has the green forum colours, so could it be some inadvertent link to another club web page?
Ian F
MGCC member
1972 BGT, Blaze, Navy trim, recessed grill
1961 Midget, 948cc, now sold
1972 BGT, Blaze, Navy trim, recessed grill
1961 Midget, 948cc, now sold
- Paul Scott
- Posts: 381
- Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:48 pm
- Forename: Paul
- Surname: Scott
- MGCC Member: Yes
- Location: Milton Keynes
Re: Forum access issues
Not linked to anything outside. Rather than show an error code it's displaying the accept cookies page, which is not on the dite but the host.
It just did it to me also.
I will keep digging, a few refreshes usually brings it back.
It's happening across the whole domain. I thought it was the shop so turned it off. Forum, Album & main website.
Forum is asking for an update so I will do that asap, but I'm off to Silverstone Festival, Fri-Sun. So maybe I will get time at somepoint on Monday.
Regards
Paul
It just did it to me also.
I will keep digging, a few refreshes usually brings it back.
It's happening across the whole domain. I thought it was the shop so turned it off. Forum, Album & main website.
Forum is asking for an update so I will do that asap, but I'm off to Silverstone Festival, Fri-Sun. So maybe I will get time at somepoint on Monday.
Regards
Paul
1975 MGB Roadster
Webguru for MGB Register
Webguru for MGB Register
- Paul Scott
- Posts: 381
- Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:48 pm
- Forename: Paul
- Surname: Scott
- MGCC Member: Yes
- Location: Milton Keynes
Re: Forum access issues
I have now updated the forum to the latest version with a Software update.
If you see any issues please let me know.
StaySafe & B Good
Regards
Paul
If you see any issues please let me know.
StaySafe & B Good
Regards
Paul
1975 MGB Roadster
Webguru for MGB Register
Webguru for MGB Register
Re: Forum access issues
Many thanks Paul,
Ian F
Ian F
MGCC member
1972 BGT, Blaze, Navy trim, recessed grill
1961 Midget, 948cc, now sold
1972 BGT, Blaze, Navy trim, recessed grill
1961 Midget, 948cc, now sold
- Paul Scott
- Posts: 381
- Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:48 pm
- Forename: Paul
- Surname: Scott
- MGCC Member: Yes
- Location: Milton Keynes
Re: Forum access issues
Youre welcome.
Also changed to the 8.4 PHP version this morning.
Fingers crossed and all that!!
Also changed to the 8.4 PHP version this morning.
Fingers crossed and all that!!
1975 MGB Roadster
Webguru for MGB Register
Webguru for MGB Register
Re: Forum access issues
Problem has returned this morning!!
Base colour is now blue rather than green, but otherwise just the same.
It took several attempts before I could get to the forum.
Ian F
Base colour is now blue rather than green, but otherwise just the same.
It took several attempts before I could get to the forum.
Ian F
MGCC member
1972 BGT, Blaze, Navy trim, recessed grill
1961 Midget, 948cc, now sold
1972 BGT, Blaze, Navy trim, recessed grill
1961 Midget, 948cc, now sold
-
Not_Anumber
- Posts: 414
- Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:33 am
- Forename: Chris
- Surname: S
- Location: UK
Re: Forum access issues
Are forum access issues likey to be the reason attendance on the forum is quite low at present. As far as Im aware this is now the only UK based forum for MGB owners and;
There really are quite a large number of MGB owners out there.
A significant proportion of MGB owners carry out there own routine maintenace and often more complex repairs
Many of the forums dedicated to other single model classic cars are busy places with multiple posts per hour.
Any thoughts on what we may be doing wrong here, why we arent a busy and better attended forum ?
For the unconvinced, just picking 2 classic cars Ive recently owned whose forums I have been active on:
Ford Capri. All models left in the UK: 3,600 on the road + 6,800 on SORN = 2x busy dedicated UK based forums plus covered on others
MGF & TF combined left in the UK 5,200 on the road + 10,000 on SORN = 1 dedicated UK forum & section of the UK MG Rover forum
MGB all models in the UK 25,000 on the road + 15,200 on SORN = This forum.
Where is everyone ?
There really are quite a large number of MGB owners out there.
A significant proportion of MGB owners carry out there own routine maintenace and often more complex repairs
Many of the forums dedicated to other single model classic cars are busy places with multiple posts per hour.
Any thoughts on what we may be doing wrong here, why we arent a busy and better attended forum ?
For the unconvinced, just picking 2 classic cars Ive recently owned whose forums I have been active on:
Ford Capri. All models left in the UK: 3,600 on the road + 6,800 on SORN = 2x busy dedicated UK based forums plus covered on others
MGF & TF combined left in the UK 5,200 on the road + 10,000 on SORN = 1 dedicated UK forum & section of the UK MG Rover forum
MGB all models in the UK 25,000 on the road + 15,200 on SORN = This forum.
Where is everyone ?
1979 MGB GT
1999 Jaguar XKR
2003 MG TF
1999 Jaguar XKR
2003 MG TF
- Paul Scott
- Posts: 381
- Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:48 pm
- Forename: Paul
- Surname: Scott
- MGCC Member: Yes
- Location: Milton Keynes
Re: Forum access issues
Currently I'm on Oliday!!
When I get back my plan is to try and get the annoying access issue sorted. It's not just the forum. It happens on main website & photo album too
StaySafe & B Good Everyone
When I get back my plan is to try and get the annoying access issue sorted. It's not just the forum. It happens on main website & photo album too
StaySafe & B Good Everyone
1975 MGB Roadster
Webguru for MGB Register
Webguru for MGB Register