Windscreen Wiper motor advice
Re: Windscreen Wiper motor advice
Hi, it's a 14W...
Re: Windscreen Wiper motor advice
14W is very common and they are more or less all the same. Land Rover used them in the traditional Defender so loads around. Used would be good because the unit is locatated inside the cabin, so would not be as shabby as ones located in the engine bay.
Re: Windscreen Wiper motor advice
Well I've got all the parts and mocked up a working model. So far I have three inputs , the original wiper switch and a new but period looking, wash push button, the only additional item is a very small discreet pot to set the wipe delay. So far a short press of the wash switch, does a full wash/wipe cycle (water, wipers 3x short delay , final wipe) a long press ( or if you press when the wipers are on) just does water. So far I've added a feature that 'parks' the wipers half way, if you operate the wiper switch with the ign off, just to help with changing the wiper blades, but it's more gimmick than practical. Any other ideas? Before I finalise the circuit?
-
Not_Anumber
- Posts: 415
- Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:33 am
- Forename: Chris
- Surname: S
- Location: UK
Re: Windscreen Wiper motor advice
That sounds very good. I like the idea of the half way sevice position to make changing the wiper blades easier.
1979 MGB GT
1999 Jaguar XKR
2003 MG TF
1999 Jaguar XKR
2003 MG TF