Page 2 of 3
Re: Welcome to the MGB Register Forum
Posted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:47 pm
by John Watson
Dear All. Many thanks for your comments, I believe the majority are pleased to have a MGB Forum available. In 24hours after launch over 100 of you have registered.
Please post any ideas, or improvements you think we can try out.
John Watson
MGB Register Chairman
Re: Welcome to the MGB Register Forum
Posted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:01 pm
by George Wilder
John
You Roger and I have all posted stuff this afternoon one hour before the actual time - does the BB not recognise GMT?
George
Re: Welcome to the MGB Register Forum
Posted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:53 pm
by John Watson
George. We know there is a problem with the clock
Looking at it
Re: Welcome to the MGB Register Forum
Posted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:43 am
by Adrian Oliver
I wonder why my 'Profile' says I'm not an MGCC member...
Re: Welcome to the MGB Register Forum
Posted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:40 pm
by John Watson
Hi Adrian If you go to your "Users Control Panel then to Profile you can adjust your MGCC membership.
We have added a guide on entering your profile on the web site under forum
Re: Welcome to the MGB Register Forum
Posted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:56 am
by Adrian Oliver
Thanks John, I have ticked the MGCC box but still not showing.
I clicked on your name too and it says you're not a member either... Blasphemy!
Re: Welcome to the MGB Register Forum
Posted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:28 pm
by John Watson
Thanks Adrian. I have also discovered this
It is on the to do list when our expert returns from his holiday in the Sun.
Re: Welcome to the MGB Register Forum
Posted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:08 am
by Rory Blackman
It's great to have an MGB Forum for the register. I look forward with great interest to see what other enthusiasts have to say and to picking up lots of great tips and maybe even adding one or two of my own.
Good work to all involved in setting it up.
Re: Welcome to the MGB Register Forum
Posted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:15 pm
by David Shannon
Hi everyone,
Regarding the forum timestamp:
There is a "summer time/daylight saving" setting which can be controlled individually. Go into User Control Panel, then select "Board Preferences --> Edit Global Settings" and here you can switch the setting to "No". Press Submit. I will schedule a task to change the setting globally over the weekend.
Many thanks,
David.
Re: Welcome to the MGB Register Forum
Posted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:42 am
by Dennis Pearce
Have just joined and glad to see the forum. I belong to both clubs and have found the MGOC forum a valuable source of information. As the word spreads about this forum, then I am sure it too will succeed. Its embracing the modern way of communicating. Not wishing to denigrate the long established and fulfilling methods currently used of course.
Well done all